Hang in there, I am not sure if this will help to try and to “fit in” in Cornwall but here’s a few suggestions after visiting relations.
1. They don’t speak English, it’s some sort of incomprehensible gibberish with the word “tractor” interjected every other sentence. Maybe sign up for a Cornish language class?
2. Buy one of those old Brtish army landrovers complete with a smelly dog in the front seat. If you’re posh it ought to be a labrador, if not a boarder (sp?) collie.
3. Don’t drive the old landrover over 30mph on the motorway or more than 10mph on a country road.
4. If an oncoming car pulls over to let you pass on a single track road keep a stone cold face and acknowledge the thank you by lifting your right index finger 2-inches above the steering wheel, unless they look like an outsider.
5. Wear wellies everywhere, even in July.
6. Be quick to remind outsiders of their shortcomings, in particular Londoners and Americans, they are always keen to listen.
7. You only need one outer garment, a sweater, the one you were give by your nan on your 18th birthday for both winter and summer, and they don’t need washing.
Looks like you’ve got great wind all week, hope you have a 9m, hang around the beach more than 6-mos and before you know it you’ll be one of the regulars.