Just found out about 2010 bladder issue…

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2007-11-16

PM

Hey guys, I tried private messaging this to Johnz but his inbox was full so I guess I have to post my question here.

I bought a new 2010 Rise 12m from Bellingham Kiteboarding last summer when I went to Canada(Currently living in Finland). Kite was waiting for me but there was not one windy day on my visit so I brought the kite back with me not wanting to leave it to gather dust. Due to an injury I haven’t used the kite yet but I will be using it this season. I recently found out from the Finnish O.R. Dealer that there were a bunch of bad bladders on some 2010 kites. If I end up suffering from this issue will O.R. send me new bladders or will I have to buy them at my own cost? A set of them is worth about 150 Euros over here and I am not really looking forward to investing that on top of the price of the kite. The one year warranty has expired but the kite has never even been inflated yet. I am currently getting my dad(whose house the kite was shipped to) to search for some sort of receipt and I am hopeful that Andy or one of his guys would remember selling the kite if asked. So if the kite ends up needing new bladder/struts will O.R. help me out? I might add that I have bought all my kites from O.R. and steered several friends towards you as well so I could be counted a loyal and dedicated customer smile

Best regards, Jonathan

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hey Jonathan,
To my knowledge about 1/3 of the 2010 kites have these bladder issues you have been reading about. The issue only surfaces after a couple of times using the kite so there’s no real way of establishing if you actually need a new set.
Good to mention it here, John will be reading along here, but it’s maybe a good idea to drop him an e-mail at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).
I’m sure he can help you.
cheers,
Rudo

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2007-11-16

PM

Thanks Rudo, I will send him an email for sure!