Had some wind….

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Had some good wind here the other day.  Thought I would post this pic.  10m Diablo.  Not sure how high, but up there.

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

This is a cool shot! 10m Diablo!  :shock: It must have been crankin, how do you like that kite and how much wind have you flown it in?
This looks like a lake, is it?

Thanks for feed’n the stoke dude! 8)

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Hey Craig.  Yeah, freshwater lake up here in Canada.  Wind that day was blowing around 50-55 km/h and was pretty gusty.  The 10m Diablo is a wicked kite.  Has all the same characteristics of the bigger Diablos but just responds alot faster.  I have had it out in up to 60 km/h winds but that is about the limit for it for me.  Anything higher than that and I switch to a 6m Diablo just because when the wind gets that big around here it gets really gusty and it’s better to be a bit underpowered sometimes and not have to worry about getting slammed with a huge gust on too large a kite.  You want to have some fun you should try out a 6m Diablo, that thing is crazy.  You can dive it and when it is 2 feet off the water just pull and it shoots back up without hitting the water.  Retarded fast.

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

man, I want to try one of those small diablo’s, its so nasty stormy here in seattle right now.

the Diablo is a fast kite, but once you get a feel for the timing, its so constant and smooth in the way in responds to control bar pressure that fast is fun.

I love that feature! Its like, beggin u to push it hard!