Mini fifth questions

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Crew,

I know this post should be posted in the tech section but maybe more hits here.. and a faster answer..

I have some mini fifth questions. (I just made from my 2011 freeride a freestyle bar..)

How long must it be so that the direct depower function works? (2012 Razor)
Why no bungy section in the top section? so that when you depower with the strap the 5th line still stays straight
Is there a difference in needed 5th line length with different kitesizes (Razor 5- 12m) and models (Rize, Razor, Cypher, Flite)

Are there some pdf’s with all the needed line length info from the different bar setups? and briddle linelenghts?

Thx!

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

janus,

The length you need is the exact same length as your previous Freeride bar’s trim line. So, where it doubled back at the pulley and came back down to the bar is where you now need to end your mini 5th line and to run a length of line from the swivel there down to the new pulley for the trim line below.

There is a slight difference in length needed, best to just copy the length I describe above.

Unfortunately no, we don’t produce PDFs to explain to people how to make one of our products into another… not a very common thing to do!

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Hi John,
Thx for replying. Clear.
Is that bungy section at the top of the mini 5th an idea?
I made it and it looks likes it works fine (unfortunately it is only dry testing..)
I have no idea if a slack 5th line is annoying or not.. Anyone got the answer?

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Bungee is OK, the only thing you want to be sure of is that it is not making any tension on the front lines when the kite is fully powered as this would cause the kite’s flight to be affected.

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Ok, I’ll check that. I can easily adjust it.
But how will it affect the kites flight? It got the same start and ending point. (swivel and QR)

Why is there on the 5th line a double ring and not a single ring?

Arjan

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

Janus - 01 March 2012 10:05 PM

Ok, I’ll check that. I can easily adjust it.
But how will it affect the kites flight? It got the same start and ending point. (swivel and QR)

Why is there on the 5th line a double ring and not a single ring?

Arjan

For unhooking. Suicide but still releasable setup.