2008 bar questions
Posted: 28 January 2012 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-01-15

I have a few questions about 2008 bar, hoping someone can help.  First off is there a PDF manual , I cannot find one anywhere? Second question,I found a picture elsewhere that confirmed you attach leash to small loop on the end of depowering line, which seems fine, and should be plenty safe. But why did they go back to above bar leash connection at center line swivel on 3.0 bar?

My last question is about testing the line lengths . When laying out lines all lengths are the same if I put screwdriver in the ground through the larks heads at the end of all four lines. But the outsides lines are longer if you include the knotted extensions. Sorry if this is a dumb question, just want to get it right.

Thanks
Matt

Posted: 29 January 2012 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2006-06-15

Lets start with the important bit
With the depower fully off ( In Max power) and the bar against the chicken loop all 4 lines should be the same lengh. There is then a 3” extention added to the rear lines. Basicaly what you said is correct.
Bar
Leash to the small ring as you describe.
2011 /12 bars and leashes.
2011/12 kites an extra pulley was added to allow the kite to roll onto its back when crashed and on the leash ( Less pull on the rider). The upshot of this was the bars needed more throw.
The freeride bar is the same as your setup.
The freestyle had above the bar depower so needed a mini 5th line as a leash
The Fusion was for Riders who wanted below the bar depower without the long throw so had a mini 5th line.
I think that covers it.

Posted: 30 January 2012 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2012-01-15

Thanks for the reply Sunrise, very helpful.

‹‹ Bar features??      Control bar simulator ››