Pyro Pro leaking at seam

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2011-12-29

PM

I have been out in my Pyro two times, both times I was wet from the waist down in my right side. I followed the instructions for checking for a leak (kudos to OR for a vey good instruction booklet BTW, other brands please take note) and found the right leg to be leaking along the seam, at about 5 different points between knee and hip.

Anyone else come across this? The video quality isn’t great, relevant action at 0:30 seconds onwards. You can clearly see about 5 points where air leaks make bubbles/froth in the the soapy water.

Any thoughts?
http://youtu.be/m6J_WrPb0AU

PS The suit is elsewhere, and I just realised while typing this that I did not check the tape inside the leg. The tape over the seam is 100% fine when I look at it. It’s perfectly aligned over the seam, is not loose anywhere, it looks fine. It’s prime wind season here, middle of winter, and I am skipping sessions now because getting soaked isn’t fun.

PPS Otherwise great suit, but adding more “overlap” (with velcro strap underfoot?) at the ankles would perhaps making it even better. And maybe a flap with velcro over the zipper? Less sand in the zip. Gul has both these design touches, and while it is an inferior suit otherwise when compared to the Pyro, they’re good ideas.

Total Posts: 517

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi Feddo,
thanks for posting this and welcome to the crew! If you’re looking for a quick fix, have a look here.
Maybe Stormchaser can set you up with repair stuff. I’m not in the warranty loop, for that you need Stormchaser or OR directly.
Good luck!

Joined 2011-12-29

PM

Rudo, thanks.

Stormchaser is looking into it already (suit is brand new, used twice). I was just curious whether someone had some idea as to what causes the leakage or had come across this problem before. Wisdom of the crowds, so to speak. It’s really strange, everything looks 100% fine but it is clearly leaking profusely as the footage shows. It’s almost as if the tape used on the inside of the seams is defective.

I won’t get into fixing it myself just yet as I don’t want to mess with it and a quick fix for a new suit just feels “wrong”.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-12-31

PM

thank you

Signature

swarovski has been superb technology transfer to the world of quality swarovski uk crystal products,this year is the swarovski jewellery website with the cooperation of a third year,the fifth held in the site independent jewellery zdesigner Grand Prix.swarovski crystal once again become the best partner the public cutting-edge designer, has been widely applied to their work, a work for each color by adding light.Winning entries will also be in the “swarovski crystal” swarovski uk shop for sale.

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2009-06-01

PM

“I won’t get into fixing it myself just yet as I don’t want to mess with it and a quick fix for a new suit just feels “wrong”. “

That is the right decision . I think when you do it yourself the warranty is gone.

Joined 2011-12-29

PM

It’s being solved under warranty. The tape seam has now come off so I suspect the tape glue is bad. Obviously the concern is that the rest of the tape may also come undone.

Stormchaser has taken care of everything, kudos to them.