Mako Discussion on Kite Forum

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Hi all!

There is currently a great discussion on Kite Forum about our beloved Mako board. Seems a lot of people agree with us that it is the best board going.

Cruise over   HERE to take a look at the thread…maybe post some comments now and then to keep it floating up top.

Nice one!

John Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Oh Ya baby good news Purolator came through 7 days late and I’ve got my Mako board in hand LOL , now blow for god sakes it’s the fall and really haven’t had any wind lots of rain. :evil:

Can’t wait to try it will post my result when I do.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I was hoping to get some opinions from the larger riders out there (230+) as I am 260 lbs and am wondering if the Mako 150 is doable for bigger riders like myself…

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2006-05-24

PM

My 134 Mako arrived today.Had a nice powered session on it this pm on my 9m One.I weight 135 lb.I’ve been riding the Mako 150 for 4 years and all the comments I’m hearing lately on the forum are all true.There is no downside to this board.I’ve never ridden anything that carves like it.I also ride a 123 Zen sometimes but find I almost always want to come back to shore and grab the Mako.HMMMM.Thanks Mark Vincent for turning me on to the Mako 150.
  So the 134.This is a loose board, more so than the 150, but still tracks nicely due to the deep concave and holds it’s edge really well.I believe it helps to have experience riding the 150 when dealing with the loose feeling at first.It does take some time to get used to the slashy, carvy feel of the 134, but I was right at home on it within 2 minuets.Neither board spins out by pushing it far upwind so this thing just rockets upwind and downwind.You can ride with a balanced center stance or weight your back foot, whatever you like.It turns to switch like butter just like the 150 and it also boosts huge.It is a bit better board for tricks being shorter and wider although the 150 isn’t a problem. There is less rocker therefore it will pearl unlike the 150 which rarely pearls.The 134 is stiffer so I found landings not quite as forgiving but is not a problem.
To sum it up, this board is unreal and I already love it and can’t for tomorrow.Highly recommended.
  Dean.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2006-05-24

PM

Tomorrow Mike Wade is going to test it so hopefully we will have some imput and comments for you larger, heavier riders and advanced wake style riders.Just hope it blows.
  Dean

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

dean,
thanks for the input! Let me sum it up- the mako pro 134, although its shares the speed and tracking of the 150, sounds like its designed with an emphasis on carving the crap out of anything that moves! Thats an unfair advantage out there dude.
-and that sounds like fun to me, yee haw! :twisted:

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Toby,

Just got my Mako yesterday and I’m in the 230+ range give or take a few, I’ve got a flydoor 159 and now the Mako, the Mako will obviously be my 15 mph + board even 20+ board, as I also like the door, but I’ll certainly put a post up once the wind comes up again.  What kites are you flying and how do find them, I’m alway interested in finding out what us big guys are flying.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2006-10-20

PM

The 134 looks like the board for me :not too crazy about newschool, more focused on boosting big air/ oldschool trics, and riding choppy/wave conditions

more reviews please !!  :wink:

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Re: Mako Discussion on Kite Forum

[quote author=“Ulrik”]more reviews please !!  :wink:

Ulrik, check the thread out on Kite Forum, below…plenty of reviews there.

[quote author=“Johnz”]Hi all!

There is currently a great discussion on Kite Forum about our beloved Mako board. Seems a lot of people agree with us that it is the best board going.

Cruise over   HERE to take a look at the thread…maybe post some comments now and then to keep it floating up top.

Also, all y’all - please give that thread a bump or 3 over the next few days and weeks. . . let’s keep that post alive a bit longer!

Z :evil:

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

mako spray

Can’t wait to try the new MAKO to make bigger sprays!!!!