2012 fusion bar

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2010-12-11

PM

Has anyone found that the mini 5th line seems to be carrying the load when fully trimmed? I didn’t recall this being the issue when it was new. I am assuming the trim lines have stretched which subsequently makes the 5th line short.

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

If this is happening it is because the knots have tightened up and allowed the trim line to become longer as a result. You should tie a new knot on the trim line end to shorten this line and take the load off the mini 5th, you do not want that line under load.

Once done, you would be wise to check your line lengths too, all 4 lines should be equal length with the bar at full power and the kook proof connectors on the back lines taken off or otherwise ignored in the calculations.

Good Luck!

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 180

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

Quick question - is there an easy way to unswivel the center lines? With the freeride bar I can slack the lines and reach out and flick the swivel around to untwist. Obviously with the Fusion Bar it’s too far up the lines.

So any tricks other than obviously rolling the other way?

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2011-04-13

PM

Ajones, no tricks I’m aware of. Pity.  The only swivel I’ve found that works are the ones on the chicken loop. Hint Hint.

I also found the mini 5th taking the load.  Easy fix, adjust the knot position as John mentioned.

I’ve made the modification (no longer passing thru the chicken loop assembly) to the 5th line as OR suggested.  The good news, today I released an 8m in 30knots to the 5th and the safety system worked perfectly.  The kite flagged out pefrectly- unlike the pre-mod experiences.  The bad news, with the 5th running outside the chicken loop it becomes a bit of a pain to manage and with multiple rotations it can limit the range of depowering the kite!  So, keep a count.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2009-04-09

PM

I have the Fusion 2012 bar, I’m of average strength, but I find the depower imposible to actuate while riding.  I’ve pulling it out the cleet, then tried pulling it sideways, downwards, and everywhere in between.  I have to stop in the water, fly the kite at 12 oclock, and still struggle to depower.  I can’t believe the bar is this bad,... what could be wrong?  I’m thinking of taking it apart and seeing if there are any blurs in the channel hanging it up.  My 2008 bar is much much better.

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2011-04-13

PM

The Ocean Rodeo fusion bar is the first one I’d ever used with a rope and clam cleat.  It’s taken a lot of getting used to (I had the same problem) but now I can trim the kite with ease.  Here’s the big trick- push the bar away with one hand and adjust the trim rope with the other hand at the same time.  Works like a charm.. If you’re really powered up you may also need to ride down wind too.

Let us know how you make out.

Total Posts: 180

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

Gavin - 25 February 2012 10:06 PM

The Ocean Rodeo fusion bar is the first one I’d ever used with a rope and clam cleat.  It’s taken a lot of getting used to (I had the same problem) but now I can trim the kite with ease.  Here’s the big trick- push the bar away with one hand and adjust the trim rope with the other hand at the same time.  Works like a charm.. If you’re really powered up you may also need to ride down wind too.

Let us know how you make out.

Yeah, you definitely need to point the kite at the bottom of the wind window and have little to no power in it to adjust. Make sure you pull out first and then pull down.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-03-05

PM

Are there fusion bars in india in kolkata….????

please share here….!!!!

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-09-22

PM

hi,
it’s a known problem with the sticky trim and on my 2011 it don’t help to push the bar away. The only possible thing is to have the kite above you and let go of the bar and fast pull the lines and pull the trim before the kite hits the water. (or just let the kite go in the water and trim it then. not good when lots of kites though)

Yesterday I found one item in my bag which I have missed when I god my bar. It was some kind of pulley that should solve the stick trim problem but to follow the instruction you must be a rocket scientist smile

Otherwise the fusion bar is great. I have both the freestyle and fusion but use most the freestyle just because of the sticky trim. On better ting with fusion compared to freestyle can be that if you miss a hocked in trick the kite depower more with the fusion bar when you let go of the bar.

I really don’t know why they don’t fix this issue with the sticky trim.

/ch

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2009-12-12

PM

I was fed up with the trim on my 15m LW. I ride it up to 15-20 knts ( BBBIG air ). It becomes next to impossible to trim when I most need to. So i retrofitted my old 2009 Rise CL assembly to the 2011 bar.  AHHHHH smooth and easy trimming, just like in the good old days. Mini 5th line trough the ring as specified in the modification published by OR,...... that was supposed to reduce friction…...not working.  The problem with the new bar lies with the cleat, I would say. It is housed within the CL body in a bad angle…plus it is held in place with a screw and may come out…that happened to me….the cleat used with 2008 and 2009 models has a long housing that guides the trim line in the correct angle…..otherwise the new bar is great. Security is perfect. Kite makes a smiley, 100% depower.