9 - 12M ONE pics (quite a few)

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Only me….Just a few pics from the weekend, The UK is getting a tad murky now for sure.

Time for a drysuit I think!!!

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Ben Vine
OR Technical Guru

If anyone has a ONE an isn’t feeling the love feel free to MSN me and have a chat about it.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

Sweet pics Benjamin. Looks like camber? Sunday looks like 30sw should be good.

Lester

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2006-07-15

PM

Its actually Pevensey Bay mate, closer to Eastbourne. 

Ive hurt the arm, getting tugged just after the pics were taken so I will be on camera and tuition duty this weekend!!!!!

Pop on down when it looks like being good.

Ben

Signature

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

:shock: 30 from the SW on sunday?! you lucky dudes! I wanna go too.
Get some more pics while you heal Ben, its fueling the stoke here in the NW while we wait patiently for the next storm.
Yahoo! :twisted:

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Hey Craig, quick question have you used your 9 one yet seems you used the diablos a lot, how is the 9 compaired to the diablos.

ja

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

ya Benjamin looks like a sweet spot. Are the waves as good as Camber?
Looks like it would be worth a trip, need to check with the boss for a day pass (wife).

Too bad about the injury, looks like wind ranging from 20-40 next 5 days. Ya gotta love hurricane season in the atlantic!

Lester

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Mr. numbers,
How does the 9m one compare to the diablo? It doesn’t.
Its totally different, and since I’m a novice at the bow technique I can’t say yet if its a better kite yet, but man, it sure feels like the future when you can fly it one handed in 30 knots of wind.

The diablo is like a c-type on steroids with enough de-power to handle some gnarley stuff.  Its great for 25kts and under, thats when I’m searching for as much power as I can get.

Over 25 knots, especially nearing gale force winds, I have always had problems with getting too much power and my kiting has always been about just surviving the conditions. Thats why I went for the 9m One.
I needed something that could calm things down, and allow me to carve up some of those steep waves that form at these wind speeds.
It seems to do that incredibly well. And the power is still there too, when I’m ready.

The One, its a free riders dream come true. I did the phase one mod on the bridle, and it turns as fast as I want it to right now. Fast enough to turn on a wingtip and loop, thats all I need for now until I get used to the lite bar pressure and develop some power stroke techniques.

I also added a 5th line,so the foil will lay flat on its back when I self land in the water. I terminated the 5th at the top of the de-power line with a ball to grab at.  Seems to work great. These Seattle area launch spots can be too dangerous to come back on land to when its crankin and you are solo. So I’ve always dropped the kite in the water and sorted it out later when its too risky.

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Thanks Craig,

Ha, Ha numbers, use that set for all my computer needs never run into problems with same user name, Jason is my name, I think i’m going to the get the one, I just like the idea of cruising and turning on and off the power and love the light bar presure, been using flysurfer Psycho 2 13m no bar presure to speak of and love it, there is a technique involved and I finally figured it out, so the one should work great for me.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.