Surf dry suit

Total Posts: 86

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Hello,

would you recommend the new Surf dry suit for someone that would kite in winter temperatures around 40 degrees?

Could you also provide more details or photos?

Regards.  8)

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2006-10-14

PM

40 degrees???? u have to mean fahrenheit, 40 degrees Celsius:- shorts rash vest lol

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2006-10-13

PM

I’d also be interested in finding out more about the suit -for my 2 cents, i’d say you could with a few tight layers under it as i think its going to be a more streamlined fit. Are you wondering how this compares to the pyro or compared to a surf wetsuit?

In water 40 to 50 F less than 10 celcius and outside temp the same or lower,  i’d say the drysuit would definitely be best.  But also include the booties,gloves and hoodie!
The cold from both the water and air can possibly be bearable in a wetsuit for a while but they just rapidly drain your energy from the extra cold you are experiencing and then your hands freeze up way quicker and that pain is the worst!!.
The windchill is another consideration felt way more in a wetsuit.

I surf some pretty cold water in a wetsuit just below and above 10 C but generally the outside temp is in the 20 C range.
From what i’ve experienced, drysuits are definitely the way to go for Northern Hemisphere winter watersports.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Sooo…any news? would this dry-suit ok to use in climates like 40 or less farenheith ?

Does the material dry fast ? so lets say after a sesh I can jump in my car and don’t wet my seats?

Thanks!

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

The new surf suit will be suitable in very cold waters indeed. You can layer up or down for the weather.

Streamlined? YES! Fer sure! The suit is less than .5mm thick! Insane mobility with no wasted energy. Say goodby to 5mm of rubber!

There will be a new webpage launched shortly devoted to this suit only, watch for updates here…that should be out in the next 2-3 weeks.

John Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc