Bronco vs One
Posted: 13 October 2006 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2006-10-13

Can anyone give me some idea about the turning speeds of these 2 kites. Looking at a 12m of each, which would be quicker/more responsive.  And besides wind range what else would would you say is different. Thanks.

Signature 

http://www.destinationkiteboarding.com

Posted: 13 October 2006 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2006-04-02

Well I’ve only got a 12 Bronco, this kite is fast and pulls hard, I’m going to be switching ot the One this year I’m leaning towards the safety and the huge range, I’m to try it but from talking and the forum I very confident in my decision.  The 12 Bronco is a great kite.

Jason

Signature 

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Posted: 14 October 2006 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2006-10-13

thanks Jason, then we’re on the same kite or in the same boat! I hear what you’re saying and i think my bronco is great too.  I flew a 9m One and really liked it but would definitely go with a 12m at 180 pounds.

So making a decision at the moment - switch over to the 12m One and maybe just get one kite which may or may not be faster turning and more responsive or go with the Diablo -  awesome i hear too, but maybe have to get another two or 3 kites.

Signature 

http://www.destinationkiteboarding.com

Posted: 14 October 2006 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2006-04-02

Well I looking at getting 2007 16m One and a 9m one, I’ve got a psycho2 13 that I can use in between if necessary. I way a little over 200 lbs, the 9 will be my nuking kite.  I just bought a Mako, purolator lost it and is looking for it now.  I love the flysurfer kite specialy in the winter month, I’m hating a bit now as I got a serious tangle in the bridle the other day that I was not able to sort out at the beach, first one so can’t really complain, I’m really looking forward to the reviews on the new 16m compared to last years.  I was between a 16m one and the 17m speed as my light wind kite, I’m waiting on the review for the 2007 kites before making my decision.

Good luck

Jason

Signature 

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Posted: 15 October 2006 12:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2006-03-03

I used to have a 12m 05 bronco which I really liked then bought a 12m One in the spring, after 6mos still smiling.

It boils down to what you want; If you are a kitelooping unhooking handle passing to blind kind of guy then you are probably better off with the diablo or bronco.

If you are like me, jump as high as you can, backloops,  grabs etc and 41 yrs old with shot knees then the One is the kite for you.

I will sum it up;

Wind range: One hands down, I weigh 15 stone (200+lbs), 12m One with a big board (flydoor) 12-14 mph (boring, don’t get the appeal personally). To really have fun 17ish+ mph-low 30’s. I have used it when it picked up to a little over 40 but it was just hanging on.

Relaunch, bronco with 5th line and One are about same, dead easy.

Jumping: Huge floaty jumps with the one.

Upwind: both are easy but the one goes upwind further, but to get the most out of the one you need a very fast board as it flies more on apparent wind.

Gusts: One no contest, just sheet in and out, it eats them, bronco lots of ass dragging foot stomping.

Turning speed: Probably the 12m bronco, the One being so flat requires a very different technique. More like flying an ozone frenzy, lovely kite but different., you need to sheet out as it turns

Waves: Flat kites for sure, the ability to power up to get on a wave, sheet out, ride the wave, power up, scoot off as it crumbles and find another. The nuts.

Hope that helps

Lester