2007 WEBSITE UPDATES! - YOUR OPINION MATTERS!
Posted: 06 October 2006 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2006-01-10

Well, if you haven’t noticed Ocean Rodeo is making a massive effort to more heavily involve you! Our forum has prooven to be a great addition and now we are weighing a host of options to make our site even better.

These include:

- A new Blog. We intend to start blogging the weekly action at our head office. This will be an informal view into our weekly comings and goings with updates as to product development, logistical challenges, RnD issues, etc. See something that you have an opinion on? Email us or post it to the forum…we want you to help make this brand fly!

- A kiter’s log. Self maintained and updated the log will allow our users to post their kiting days on the water, what location, etc. Over time this will become a handy tool for your local scenes to determine where the most consistant beach is and to allow for micro site location discussion, etc, amoungst our riders

- A user gallery! We plan to launch a new version of the gallery where users like you can post their images of our equipment in action! Photos selected monthly for a prize with an annual top prize awarded from the monthly winners…let’s show the world that Ocean Rodeo gear is used from Canada to South Africa, Russia to Argentina, New Zealand to Iceland, Sweden to Brazil, Toronto to Seattle, Rome to Paris….you get the idea.

Please POST HERE your thoughts on what else would make this site more useful to you. What other features would you like to see?

John Z - OR  :evil:

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 06 October 2006 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2006-01-20

Ross H forum(designers forum) would be great.

Signature 

Its all about the adventure and stoke!

Posted: 06 October 2006 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2006-01-19

I’m watching & I like what I see.

Signature 

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Posted: 06 October 2006 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  315
Joined  2006-04-02

I would like to see more reviews on the kites boards from average jo’s like me, specially 2007 how does the new 16 perform compared to last years, were does the 16 fit compared to a flysurfer speed 17, have a lot of difficulty compairing equipment to date I’m very please with O.R. and is my first choice.  I do like the direction of the web site, I must check five times a day.

Jason

Signature 

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Posted: 06 October 2006 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-10

Thanks Jason!

We are working to make this site more “useable”. We intend to introduce the changes I mentioned above, and yes - Bo - we do intend to make the kite log site specific, likely with the ability to make user groups to swap stories amoungst your local crew. We are also looking into the possibility of making the site capable of remembering you and allowing you to tailor some of the information you see. Specifically we are looking at having a little wind meter in the corner of each page that would display local weather for your selected area.

Regarding reviews, we can look at making a whole new forum for reviews only. Here we could invite our existing users to post their reviews. Already though we have a solid group of guys posting on our general forum their impressions of the gear.

Post up your thoughts, we are working to make this YOUR site!

John Z - OR :evil:

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 09 October 2006 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  473
Joined  2006-07-15

two words

Riders Wives!

Sorry but I couldn’t let that one go without saying it.

But seriously, The suggestions are excellent, I also like Gareths idea of a designers forum, I guess the end users can help the designers out with any ideas for improvement for future genrations of kite/suit.

Would it be possible to have a gear section in the gallery with videos for each piece of kit, A kind of walkthrough highlighting the flying charecteristics and techinques for the different gear, this could help people shopping for kites to understand why OR kites are a better choice than other brands.

Anything to make people feel more of a team than just a consumer i guess.

Ben

Signature 

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Posted: 09 October 2006 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2006-03-24

Oh yea baby, my wife has some great features….
the best of which is a willingness to let this sailor have what I want!

I don’t need to talk with Ross, this guy is doing some magical stuff that is way over my head! About 27 meters over my head in fact!

This forum is like therapy for me, finally I get to share personal experiences that non-sailors just can’t understand. (And we live in a world filled with non-sailors.) More pics with our entries makes the experience more real, and thus transforms this process into a big interactive sailing log of sorts.
A log book is good for many things, and helps everyone at every level progress. Thats what I love about this sport, kiting. Its a fun learning experience from day one until who knows when it stops!
I remember Adam Koch at Urban Surf here in Seattle right after he’d started kiteing on AR5’s, he told me that he’d found a sport that is going to last for the rest of life. I was taken back. This guy was a solid windsurfer who just outsailed everyone, how could kiting be this many times better?
Its like we’ve tapped into something magic that we just can’t get enough of isn’t it? Ocean Rodeo makes the experience even better.
Sure we could make this process better, but its working now for me because I’m still learning, I still feel like a newbie, even after 6 years!

Thanks for letting a guy like me progress from the knowlege and experinces of all you awesome kiters from around the world.
I love it man!

craig

Posted: 10 October 2006 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2006-01-19

I’ve always thought a ‘meet the team’ page on the site would be great for those wanting to know more about the brand, its history and it’s core riders.
Both Richard and Ross have fantastic backgrounds that span many years and that experience has led to the development of the gear we all love today. Shout about it!
Iain

Posted: 12 October 2006 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-10

Kurt,

You would be best to mix one up yourself for now, just hit a marine supply store to pick up the spectra line you need. We have the mod kits coming with the 1st batch of 07 kites which we expect to have here in the next 2 weeks, around the end of the month. I know this is later than we specified but the recent decission to make some modifications to the bar and a delay in sourcing some parts we needed for the single inflation point system have caused these minor delays.

Over all, we are well positioned for 2007 and will have no problem delivering our 2007 gear to our customers on time this season!

John Z

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 12 October 2006 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-10

Whoop! Whoop!

Check out the new Blog! Look up, up just above this post on the recently updated NAV bar. Right there beside the newly re-located Forum button…is the   Blog button. Click to read all about the exploits of the Ocean Rodeo peeps!

JZ - OR  :evil:

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc