OR bar mod

Total Posts: 65

Joined 2007-09-14

PM

El Rudo probably is too modest to post it on here but he did a great job here in Holland for a kiter that has trouble with his right hand (dont know the medical term for it in english)

Anyway, watch the pictures here: http://www.hanglos.nl/news/270192/kitesurfnews-custom-or-bar-voor-pim.html

Great job Rudo and the guys at Stormchaser, that’s customer service grin

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hey Wazzaah, modesty is hardly one of my virtues but thanks for posting! I took the liberty to add some pictures to your post.
Pim is an avid kiter and was reaching a point where his small handicap was holding him back from further progression. He has no fingers on his right hand, and needs to hold the bar with his wrist. I build a brace from some bar parts I had lying around, so now his right hand can hold the bar at the right position as it’s about 9cm closer to his body.
I just got an e-mail from him saying the maiden trip went fine and my guess is it won’t be long before we can view pictures and vids of him throwing handlepasses and megaloops! I want to thank JZ for pitching in a brand new bar on OR’s behalf, and Barry and Wouter from the Dutch importer for their support (drinking my beer and driving Pim around, not necessarily in that order). But this is about Pim in the first place, good winds to you mate!

BTW that is no bottle of Scotch in the lower left corner, it is machine cutting oil I use for my prototype workshop.

Total Posts: 65

Joined 2007-09-14

PM

I hope you use that machine oil for the right machine wink

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-11-15

PM

Inspiring to us all!

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

There you go!

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2010-10-19

PM

YEAAHH!! the only thing I can say : Rudo, You did a really great job! dammnn yesterday I had a little gap in my day so I took my Razor 8m with the customized bar. Right from the beginning it felt super naturally!! After 2 min I unhooked and popped a really nice raily. This was magical! Hanging straight in the air, way better than before with one arm straight and one arm bended.

After a few raily’s and s-bends, the wind picked up!!

YESSSS the beast (Razor 8m) was released!!!
Did some nice kiteloops at the end of the session :D

I want to thank Rudo, the guys fron Stormchaser and offcourse Ocean Rodeo to give me a new bar. Really great!

Greetz from a very happy kitesurfer