Freestyle Bar 2011 - gray strap outside or inside of metal ring?

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

In the manual of the 2011 Freestyle Bar the gray power strap is displayed going through the metal ring:

However, on all of my 2011 Freestyle Bars it is outside of the metal ring. I tried really hard, but I couldn’t get the gray strap through the metal ring. This is actually not much of a problem. The only issue I noticed is that when fully powered the thinker handle for the orange depower strap may eventually slip a bit into the metal ring and then it gets stuck there and it’s a bit hard to get out again.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Anyone?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-04-11

PM

In my bar, this strap also outside the metal ring, but I was able to stuff it back =) Then when riding and a red and gray straps turned to 180 degrees and the trimmer was not working.
In my freestyle bar, mini 5th line is shorter than the line depower and they are intertwined with each other and at the time of ride lines get tangled and become shorter depower = (
I radically altered my bar, cut off the mini 5th line, alter trimmer, tied a rope of depower.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-05-22

PM

I have had the grey trim strap come out but was able to cram it back through.  I got it started on an angle the wiggled it the rest of the way.  I have had it twist as well, that wasn’t to hard to get out.  Now I watch it a bit so i don’t keep trimming when its twisted and mess it up worse.  I haven’t had a problem again.

Signature

Brian Wennersten

tech team rider Ocean Rodeo sports
Instructor Kittyhawk kiteboarding