extension lines fore rise lw 15m 2011
Posted: 28 May 2011 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2011-05-28

hello guys,today i received my rise lw 15m and i am very excieted..it;s so big.

i was wondering if i can add some extension lines to maximize the low end.
i searched in oceans rodeos e shop…but i can’t find them or they probably don;t exist..
has any one tested the kite with longer lines ?

best regards from greece..the revolution has began!

Posted: 28 May 2011 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2007-09-14

In the “old” days guys used to put another extra 20/25m on their lines to get more low-end. If it really helps? i’m not sure, cause the kite will be slower also. But for some nice cruising it might be good.

Just try it with some older 20/25m lines if you got some.

And remember that your kite is farther away from you :D

Signature 

http://www.surfphotos.nl

Posted: 28 May 2011 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2011-05-17

wazzaah, I have a friend who has been on polar ice expeditions with kites and they use some very long lines to get to stronger winds at higher levels. I recall his mentioning 200 meter lines, which seems crazy…..but…YES, it works. DAVE

Signature 

“been there, done that”.......now I kite

Posted: 28 May 2011 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2007-09-14

Ahh… but then your talking bout really long extensions and I guess then you will get a different kind of wind. You probably won’t even have much steering to do to keep it powered. But for on the water 200m lines would be a little bit long :D

Signature 

http://www.surfphotos.nl

Posted: 28 May 2011 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2008-04-20
wazzaah - 28 May 2011 02:38 PM

In the “old” days guys used to put another extra 20/25m on their lines to get more low-end. If it really helps? i’m not sure, cause the kite will be slower also. But for some nice cruising it might be good.

Just try it with some older 20/25m lines if you got some.

And remember that your kite is farther away from you :D

I’ve done that too, 16m Rhino4 on double line lengths. .. we saw the clouds moving but there was not enough wind to keep us going.. so we doubled the lines and I almost got spanked.. there was a lot of wind around 30-40m high… 

The kite was indeed further away and I had to farth.. wink
just kidding
regards
Arjan

Posted: 30 May 2011 01:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  285
Joined  2007-10-30

I’ve tried 35 or 37 or something like that way back.  Man we tried everything back then.  Stacked kites!!

Think guys are racing with that kind of length these days.  Your going to feel the decrease in response, but the kite still flies well even if a bit spongy.  The power stroke is massive so you definitely buy some low end and it can get a kite up into more wind when there sometimes isn’t much on the surface.  As long as your ready to deal with the less than ideal relaunches of really light or flukey conditions, I recommend you give it a try.  Think a few of the low wind kites on the market ship with standard lines in the 27-30m range.  Longer than that is an effort to eek out the very last bit of power, so you can find yourself able to ride in conditions that will sometimes leave you swimming.  If you have the patience to wait for that extra two knots your going to be powered with that kite on regular lines anyway.  Give it a try on a day that is workable on normal lines and see if you like it.  The jumps are pretty weird.  Not any higher really as its usually not much wind, but the slow long airtime is pretty novel.  Everything is kinda in slow motion and your planning all your airs or transitions well in advance. 

I’m far too spoiled by instant response to wanna go back to it, but I reserve the right to change that opinion in the face of a serious wind drought!

Posted: 30 May 2011 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2009-12-30

try 5-6m extensions

‹‹ Mako King Foot straps      OR Rise lines ››