Punch out bar 06

Total Posts: 86

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

hey what are the differences between the punch out bar 05 and 06?  Have there been any improvements to the bar?

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Re: Punch out bar 06

[quote author=“patrickm86”]hey what are the differences between the punch out bar 05 and 06?  Have there been any improvements to the bar?

What’s up Pat!?!

In fact, the bars have been a work in progress with no year to year change…just inline improvements. Call your local dealer to get a hold of a swivel kit, easily added to existing bars. Also, we have addressed the issue with some people’s zap straps busting by going to a round bead strap.

Thanks!

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

I used a punchout bar for the first time Saturday…. WOW!

SO easy to use, no more fiddling around for a red loop of velcro just push the bar away and down she comes :D

I was Landboarding with a Bronco 14 in some fairly gusty wind so it was much needed :shock:

I will be converting it to 5th line safety this week….. that should make it quite a combo :D

Signature

16m one, session harness and a pyro pro equipped….. 9 on the way soon!
LOVELY!

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

What are the differences between the punch out bar and the punch up?

I´am asking the same in thread   .

Looking for a good bar for my PL Venum 19 ARC (and not a PL bar)

I was told the Punch Up, did only work on Bows, but not why it is so…?

BR Jan

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

[quote author=“Anonymous”]What are the differences between the punch out bar and the punch up?

I´am asking the same in thread   .

Looking for a good bar for my PL Venum 19 ARC (and not a PL bar)

I was told the Punch Up, did only work on Bows, but not why it is so…?

BR Jan

The Punch up bar will work with a four line C kite - I have used this bar with the 2006 Diablos and it works very well. Keep in mind though that you will not be able to punch up and safety the kite like you can with a bow. You will need to use a leash like you do with any other four line C kite. Go here for details on operation: http://www.oceanrodeo.com/punchupbar.html

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

I had a chance to really compare the punch out bar with a slingshot the same size after my punchout collected about 785 lbs of sea weed next to shore. The slingshot was my back up in case something like this happened.  It can easily happen this time of year in the sound, there is enough seaweed out there to make sushi for 50,000 dutchmen.
So, a 50cm bar and a 21m Diablo. The punch out works great, nice and stable with fast response to bar input. Super smooth de-power,  pvc de-power line makes it glide no matter what.
The slingshot, same size, and my favorite bar- BPO (before punch out)couldn’t turn the kite as fast and felt just a bit wobbly when I initiated a turn. The depower loop line, spectra, bound a bit when I turned and depowered, I had to adjust my technique to compensate. Actually I ended up mostly cruising after going to this bar, jumping took more effort.
It can be a real gas just to point upwind with this kite and go fast. Fast over fat, thats the key to upwind sailing, and thats what the mako does best….fast.
Back to the bar, I think its the extensions at the end, the way they are shaped perhaps, that gives this bar really good leverage and stablity. Even on a big kite, I sure like it. I can loop the kite and de-power nice and smoothly.
I think it can bring out the best in any kite.