SLE bar issues

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2009-03-09

PM

One of the rings failed on my 2009 SLE bar.  Pretty sure that this should not happen.  Plus it left me in a bad place, I had to do a total release/detachment, and my kite and lines got hung up in a buoy in our freezing cold canadian waters. (But that is another story).  I have two of these bars with pretty low hours on them. 

My confidence is gone for this system.  Plus, having to shave down the eject release mechanism sucks too.  That too, made for a couple of long swims before I did the recommended modificatoins.

I might have 15 hours of riding on this bar.

Lets see if Ocean Rodeo backs their gear.

Has anyone else had this problem??????

Image Attachments

kite OR.jpg

Total Posts: 65

Joined 2007-09-14

PM

Mmmmmm not good, i’ll check mine tomorrow. Mine doesnt really spin good anymore.

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Send JZ an e mail There was an issue with a limited number of the swivels as mentioned in previous posts on the forum.  The 2009 bar unfortunately experienced less than perfect rider pleasure and was quickly superseded by the 2010 which is a cracking piece of kit

Joined 2009-03-09

PM

Has anyone had this problem????

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Hopefully ya were wearing a lifejacket if you had a long swim, sorry to hear about that…...Hey sunrise what do you mean about the 2010 bar being a cracking piece of kit? (I can’t tell if you are saying its bad or good and why?)

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

LOL Cracking in this instance means the dogs plums ( Good) I see the unintentional ambiguity. Live and learn

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

The duck’s nuts?

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Garret - get us your mailing address and we will send you a new swivel assembly. That ring is welded in the factory, it is uncommon to snap but certainly is the weakest point….

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2009-03-09

PM

Thanks John and OR Crew.  Ocean Rodeo stands behind their gear.  They delivered with a new upgraded bar for me, and it was at my door in under a week. 

You have a happy customer here.

Thanks again,
Steve