SBC do a great job, and is one of our favorite magazines.
Typically when mags do a gear review, they feature the product from the paying advertiser.
No feud with SBC, we simply haven’t run an ad with them for some time as we have more of an online focus.
I’ll throw this question out to anyone interested:
I’ve grouped a few of the main methods used by brands to spread the word on thier products. (not talking about price here, just what may make you want to look / try something new)
Which format has the most influence over your gear selection?
- Print Magazines (ads - gear reviews based on who advertises)
- Online Magazines (gear reviews based on who advertises)
- Community based websites: Forums ( Product threads with comments by paying end users.)
- Beach word of mouth: What other riders say on the beach, what you see at the beach.
- Dealer feedback: talking with the retail shop.
- Pro Rider: Action shots, event results, video, editorial features in print and online that may cause you look at gear used by the pro rider.