SURF EXPO 2006, Orlando Florida

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

When can I get my hands on a 134 Mako?.. that bad boy looks like it’s going to be THE board for me for the season ahead. What’s the width?

Width on the 134 mako is 36.5cm only 1/2 a cm less than the Zen.  I had stayed away from the mako for my style of riding because of the length (150cm) but now I can’t wait to get hold of the new 134 mako.  1cm shorter and 1/2cm narrower than the Zen but with all that concave, looks like fun.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

I too had been reluctant to get a Mako 150 because of it’s length but with the prospect of a 134 coupled with that amount of concave looks like it should be a whole world of fun!

I think that fast carving into toe-side and holding down the power with it should be a scream… I can’t wait :D

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-02-07

PM

Ive been on a Mako 150 for a year now, amazing board.

Trying to get a Mako Pro now thru my dealer.

I´d like to see the rocker line….

TW

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

C’mon, when is the new kit gonna get to the shops??? Love the pics and new graphics. Gonna have to flog a kidney on ebay and expand the quiver a bit more.

So what is the difference to the One? One pump and faster turning, anything else? Looks nice.

lester

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“TW”]I´d like to see the rocker line….

Same (exactly the same) rocker as the Zen 135.

2002 Ocean Rodeo introduced the Fli Flex Outlaw board and changed the construction of kite boards forever. 2007 Ocean Rodeo introduces the 134 Mako Pro and repeates history (again.)

2007 boards available (Iain) in Late October!

John Z - :evil:

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Whoop Whoop!

Here’s some more photos of the gear from Surf Expo!

John Z OR :evil:

2007 Diablo

Go-Joe!

Legend 142 with Go Joe installed

2007 Zen 123

2007 Zen 123 Bottom

2007 Zen 135

2007 Zen 135 Bottom

2007 Mako Pro 134

2007 Mako Pro 134 Bottom ? note! The Mako Pro will have only 2 fins. This is a prototype photo in which we experimented with different fin set ups. Too railly with 4 fins!

2007 Mako Surf 150

2007 Mako Surf 150 Bottom

Please Note! All new Zen and Mako boards will be available in Blue, Red and Yellow colour combos shown above.

2007 One Bar with spinning leash set-up

2007 Punch Out Bar with Variable Tension 5th Line Set-up

2007 Pyro Surf ? Back

2007 Pyro Surf ?Dry Core?

2007 Pyro Surf Double Seal ? one for a dry suit, the other to prevent your boots and gloves from flushing!

2007 Pyro Surf Chest

2007 Pyro Surf Chest Shot 2 ? Brass Zipper

Pyro Surf ? Blurry!

Pyro Surf Neck

Pyro Surf Leg

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-03-03

PM

cool, is there an upgrade kit to make my 06 one punchup bars fully spinning?

lester

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Hi Lester,

I’m not sure whether there will be an upgade kit, I’ll leave John to answer that. In the meantime, the simplest solution is to attach the leash to the D ring at the chicken loop… providing that the stopper on the punch up isn’t screwed too tight, if you let go of the bar, it will knock the stopper up and the kite will be leashed on the two front lines.

I’ll let you know of any upgardes as I hear of them.

Hope you’re having fun with your ONE’s!

Iain

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Hey Guys,

Can you give us any more info on the Pyro Surf?

What material is it? Does it have any intrinsic warmth or should layers be worn underneath the same as others drysuits?

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

07 Spinng One Bar - This modification is easily applied. Please see other threads on this forum for simple install instructions. It will need 2.5mm spectra line only. We will certainly make these available through our dealer base as well.

Pyro Surf - Trade secrets! The suit is very thin however and will not have much intrinsic warmth beyond the fact that you are bone dry. In warm air but cold water (typical shorty - 3mm wetsuit weather) I would recommend nice poly pro long underwear. In colder conditions you can use the Ocean Rodeo Pyro 1 piece long johns, available this Christmas. These are thick pile fleece and will keep you nice and warm while not sacrificing any range of motion.

Stoked to see all the interest in this suit!

John Z - OR :evil:

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Well… That’s what I will be having then John!

What sort of durability can we expect?

And… what price point?.... Is the surf More or Less than a Classic?

Ohhh…. these should be MUCH easier to swim in! :D

Signature

16m one, session harness and a pyro pro equipped….. 9 on the way soon!
LOVELY!

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

So the surf suit, it’s not neoprene?

Very interesting, I might be interested but ...those graphics on the neck/chest area “in my opinion” look over the top to fancy tribal but the
important thing is to be warm aside from the look .

Total Posts: 315

Joined 2006-04-02

PM

Nice to see that the release safety on the 5th line has been moved, lost my 18 Bronco last week when I punched out, the safety attached to my harnest got caught up and engaged by by kite, I got it before it got stuck in a bridged, 1 km on a grassy shore, thank god for the seeweed that slowed the kite, I was never so tired in long time, oh shit happens.  Is there a solution for accidentals release of the safety system attached to the harness, i’ve got the fith line set up, this is the second time this has happened the last was with the 12 bronco, friend retrieve the kite if not it would still be flipping out to sea.  Gear looks great, are we able to order the ones now.

Jason

Signature

Kiting is great can’t wait to retire so I can do it full time.  Bring on the wind.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2006-02-10

PM

[quote author=“Johnz”][size=16] Well, here you go!

REEF GIRLS

give more reef girls…......

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2006-09-20

PM

I met you guys at the Expo and that Maco board is the shiznit.  I am still pissed you guys wouldn’t sell it to me.  That board would be the bomb for our upccoming race in tampa.   

Nice segway for a plug to the race, huh.  :D