2010 Rise - E3 line attachment Points???

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2011-01-01

PM

Is it just me or does the 2010 Rise 12m have TWO REAR line attachment points and only ONE FRONT line attachment point?
I’ve looked very carefully and can find only one solid bomb-proof-reinforced point for the attachment of the E3-line.
Two points to attach the F-line to (turn fast / turn slow) and only one point for the E3-line.
Is this the case?

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-08-20

PM

The 2010 rise only has one front line attacment point and two rear or steering line attachment point options.

The 2008,2009, and the new 2011 have two front attachment point choices and two rear or steering line attachment point options.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2011-01-01

PM

Rather disconcerting as this is not mentioned anywhere in their SLE kite manual, nor in any downloadable literature. All schematics detail two front as well as two rear attachment points. I was really looking forward to using the multiple settings, both front and rear as my skill level progresses. A post-delivery inspection with the kite fully inflated and carefully examined also revealed small pinhole burns in the area of the “turn fast” attachment points. Perhaps melted threads having their ends finished and some dripping onto and burning through the fabric. This kite was bought brand-new from a dealer in North Carolina (I’m up in Canada) and it was the last one in stock. If I’d known about the attachment point issue I’d have gotten a 2011 Rise. The Ocean Rodeo experience that I was initially extremely excited about is fast turning sour. I hope this issue can be made right somehow / some way.

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-08-20

PM

IMHO you will not miss a second setting option, go kiting….out. I will be riding the 2011 Rise on the same setting as the 2010.

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Hi Pingmcs,
You are right, the front line E3 connection point is mentioned in the manual but has gone on the 2010 Rise. The manual has been the same since 2008 but is mostly valid for your 2010 kite. I fly 3 sizes of 2010 Rise and have not missed the option to move E3 or back line connection points around, they all behave superbly.
Is there something you want to change in your kite? Small tweaks to the tow point can be made by playing with the E2 line length.

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

This sucks, cause I like the ability to tweak this because I kite in Ohio and we can crazy lulls and thus i like the front attachment point to prevent stalling in light wind and I like the back attachment when I have to use my 12 in high wind since I can’t afford a small kite.  Thus, for 2010, were is the attachment point placed permanently? Is it in the front or back point?

Thanks

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

You’ll fly this 12 in high winds - I can hold and even enjoy the 2010 13m in winds over 25kn, factory setting. Ok I’m 98kg, but the high end on the 2010 and 2011 rise kites is truly amazing. No sucking afaik.
It is the E3 line attachment point which is permanent, and as I explained, if you insist on tweaking the bridle, shortening the E2 line will do pretty much the same as moving the LE attachment point fwd. Personally I see no point in doing so.

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Well the stalling and falling out of the sky in lulls is my primarily concern….We really don’t get high wind in Ohio where I’m from…but we sure to get long lulls….My airush lithium in a lull will just float backwards till the wind picks up again, but my 2009 OR rise 10m would just fall out of the sky….I’m hoping the 2010’s are different then.

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

the 2010 are different, they have a differently placed COG, I find them to be more stable than earlier rises. Lovely kites!

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

yea, I heard about the COG being lower, I guess I’ll find out first hand since I’m getting a 2010 soon