2011 Rise 15m

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2009-08-03

PM

Today at 9knots no problem at all to relaunch in 9 knots.

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

1st impressions while settting it up for a couple photo’s.
Seems too small to be a 15m.
Where is the rest of the kite man?
Then I rotated it in the yard so the 2-4 mph breeze filled the canopy.
Holy crud man, every square centimeter of this kite wants to jump into the air and race to the edge!
I can’t wait to fly this thing for real!

Super clean construction and really beefy construction on the tips where the kite rolls during self launches.
I like the slim TE battens between the struts and the way the whole outer canopy is super smooth.
All we need now is wind!

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Hey looks like you’re having to hold on tight there Craig. Is it really such a good light wind beast or could it be something to do with the updraft from that fast jet that just flew over your back yard?

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2009-08-11

PM

Hey,is there no wind to kite with 15LW!! Or to busy with kiting.smile

Joined 2009-08-11

PM

Which bar for the rise 15LW. 2011 Freeride SLE bar or ”mini 5th” 2011 Freestyle SLE bar and lines. How does “mini 5th” work.
Cheers

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Joined 2009-08-11

PM

Nice ride in 8-10 knots.

What about Rise 15LW and fusion bar?

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Holy cow a bunga this kite is a blast in 15-20!
Focusing on just the lite wind aspect of this kite misses the fact that this is a kite with a lot of range
that is super smooth and easy to fly when its powered up. I can easily go from this to my 10m razor
with a good amount of overlap.
I have not tried that new fusion bar yet.

http://youtu.be/8BwQZvpHK3g?hd=1

Joined 2009-08-11

PM

So the range of 15LWis from 8 to 20knots! Great smile
Can someone tell me which bar would be better: FREERIDE OR NEW FUSION bar; for low wind kiting, relaunch from watter,...
I need to order the 15lw, so need to know which one.
Cheers

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

keep the updates coming craig…..i’m digging the music ya use

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2007-07-09

PM

FROM THE SPRING DEMO TOUR:

Yesterday at Blemont I arrived just when the wind became rideable.  Evan was there with three kites pumped up ready to go and a full board quiver lined up.  I was out on the water in 10 with the 5’11” surf series and the new 15 LW.  It is a real good kite!  Turns well, flys light and even in the dissapointingly light wind I could not back stall it. 

Looking back at the wind graph for the time I was out there the wind was averaging 12-14mph.  During that time I was making it upwind with little effort.  There were some long lulls though, but the kite was easy to keep in the air.  This is noteable.

Sorry, no beta on realaunch.  I did not put the kite down in the water. 

This was the first time with the newer OR bar for me.  It really fells nice in the grip and a very clean system.

Thanks for meeting the needs of riders who want to have a kite over their head, even if the wind is not going off.

Signature

2007 Rise 14M, 12M, 10M.  2011 Rise 8M, 6M.
2011 Razors 12M, 10M, 8M
Pyro Pro

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Graig! You seem to enjoy looping that big kite don’t ya. Cool vid man.

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2009-02-20

PM

Craig, I’ve got a 2009 14m Rise.  I was wondering if you’ve flown that in the past and could compare bottom/top ends and overall feel?

Thanks.

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Hi Graig,
Looks like a fast turner the 15!
What depower rope are you using? it looks green on the vid

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

This is an exciting kite to fly you guys.
I hope you get a chance to try one because getting more power out of a smaller-faster kite is really cool.
I have owned an 09’ 14m Rise and this kite has great low end for sure.
The new Rise departs from that shape and feels more like a Razor for low end.
In other words it seems to hook into that apparent wind as you gather board speed
and once you are on a plane you are golden. Its not a big bag, this is a highly refined foil
that has a lively feel and fast speed through the wind window…but saying it turns as fast as a 10m is kinda stretching it in lite winds.
But once you get it powered up in winds beyond its low end, it really can turn fast for a big kite!
The bar pressure is lighter than the 09’ for sure too, which is great for long hard sessions.

That green depower line is my personal replacement for the stock line.
Its coated spectra developed for fishing boats and resists abrasion from the cleating about 50% more that the stock line.
Its called amsteel.