2011 Rise 15m

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2008-04-02

PM

john where are they. if you are in priso bring mine and i will have someone pick up i have already paid to captain kirks getting impatient. dock ( fred tisue)

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-08-20

PM

Golden Gate Bridge San Francisco 4//19/2011 Ocean Rodeo 15LW

Photobucket

Joined 2009-08-11

PM

Nice. But we want more. More pictures, video and reports.
Cheers

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2009-08-03

PM

I got no pictures. I was at Gruner Brink (Fehmarn Germany) yesterday. The wind was doing something between 9 and 12 knots.
So i pumped up my Rise 15LW.  I just had a small board. And it was easy to gain altitude with my 80 kilos.
I Like the kite because it doesn’t feel like a big kite.  It feels pretty much the same as my Rise 10m.

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

how’s the upwind, is this a high aspect kite?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2009-08-03

PM

The upwind is perfect. Only bigger flysurfers were doing better. But these kite are real slow. We call them John Deers.

I don’t know what you mean with ” high aspect kite”

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Generally the higher aspect a kite is the better upwind performance there is, thus it must be medium to high aspect kite…..The razors have low aspect which allows you to kite with a smaller kite.

If you get to test the 15m in light gusty conditions I’d like to know how it handles lulls if directly overhead….Does it drift back during a lull or drop leading edge first?

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Aspect Ratio = (Jitze: lengte/breedte verhouding) width of a wing divided by its chord. A flysurfer has a high AR, (divide something big by something small), whereas a Wainman kite has a low AR.
In general, with a higher AR, more lift can be expected from a wing/sail/kite, but there are many more design elements that build the final performance.
Ocean Rodeo’s Venturi tech brings some high AR properties to lower AR kites (less prone to back stalling, good upwind, lots of lift).

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

that’s interesting the venturi system can do that to low AR kites…...I want what a delta kite would do with such tech

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Yeah “Delta”, imho a marketing name for a kite with tapered wing tips from a more or less continuously curved LE. Look at the Bandit 4 to see how the pointy tips evolve to much fatter, angled tips…
After all, there isn’t a lot wrong with the Rise and Razor shape wink

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

There was no wind at all today in Seattle, so I just took it out of the bag to take a peek
at the best kite ocean rodeo has ever built.
I like the reflective silver printing you guys…this is rad!

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2009-10-10

PM

Looks like the silver on my old 2006 Best Waroo 14 m…........which has just been replaced effectively as soon I get this new kite.

JD

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-12-30

PM

please weigh it (kite only). thanks!

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

I will post pics soon,
bath scale seems to put it between 9-9.5 lbs kite only.
cheers!

Joined 2009-08-11

PM

hi,  another important point to discuss; the relaunch ability -  very light winds 8 - 10 Knots!!??
Cheers