Gopro POV

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Last tuesday we had a pretty good blow here in Seattle.
When I hit the spot after work the 1st thing I witnesses was 2 kiters getting handed a lesson by mother nature.
One guy came in because he was getting lofted at full depower and the other had a pigtail rip off his kite.
Both were riding the same size that I had with me, a 7m.
Plus it didn’t look normal, when there is that much wind you should see smoke, and it was only smoking in isolated patches.
This meant rotors to me.
I walked back to my rig, ready to head home when I came across Steve.
He was suited up and asking another guy if he had an extra bar he could borrow.
I guess a little earlier he had been flying his 08’ 12m Rise and got a bitch slapping that resulted in 2 broken flying lines!
He asked me if I had an extra bar too, and I have to admit I was a little reluctant.
His smallest kite was an 09’ 8m Rise, a very grunty size for this much wind.
I saw him hook up with a 60cm bar and knew the dude was going to go for it… alone, so I caved in.
I offered to let him use my 2010 7m and 40cm bar,
and shoved my helmet camera on his thick skull before he hit the water.
In retrospect I should have tried it, but I wasn’t sure what that wind was gonna do.
Mother nature can get real nasty she she wants to.

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2009-02-20

PM

i know from experience that those jumps are way higher than the gopro fisheye lense makes them look.

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Here are some of my pics of Steve from shore.

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2009-10-10

PM

Sweet pics.

JD

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2006-01-17

PM

I like his comment “Its December 14th, where is everybody?!”

Great to get out in December.

Brad

Signature

St. John’s Newfoundland

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2008-11-09

PM

The wife just got me a GoPro HD with a wrist mount, she bought the wrist mount partially because the GoPro website says you can hook it to the leading edge or a strut on your kite, as anyone tried this?

I don’t actually have the mount yet, but the videos from the kite looking down are pretty cool, but I don’t want to watch as the $300 camera falls off the kite.

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2010-05-21

PM

Looks like a rad day! Good fun, and great scenery with the ships and mountains. And looks like it was sunny to boot?? Love the photo of the boat tryin to get some air! Great photos!

Signature

All I need are some tasy waves, a cool buzz and I’m fine…Jeff Spicoli

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2010-05-21

PM

very cool vid. Great music! Kudos. That Steve is one hardcore kite fiend! The 40cm bar looks to work awesome in that much wind. I hear there’s a new Go Pro coming out soon. Gonna grab one when they’re available. Maybe I can get some good vid to post.

Signature

All I need are some tasy waves, a cool buzz and I’m fine…Jeff Spicoli

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2008-10-21

PM

Good stuff man. Yeah, some days it’s wise to sit one out - for whatever reason.

Signature

Rise 7,10,14m | Mako Wide | Nobile T555