2011 SLE Freestyle Bar - Trim Adjustment Mod
Posted: 16 December 2010 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2006-01-10

Crew!

It has just come to our attention that some of the 1st 2011 SLE Freestyle Bars shipped with one of the trim adjustment straps slightly incorrectly set-up. The fix is dead simple and the issue itself is not of significant concern.

Your bar is affected if both the Grey trim adjustment strap and the Red depower strap are bundled together under the metal d-ring close to the pulley assembly, as shown below.

Trapped Trim Adjustment Line

If your bar shipped like this the result would be the need to repeatedly pull the Grey trim adjustment cord to effectively power the kite back up from a depowered position, as the d-ring would limit how far you could pull the cord with each attempt.

Your bar should have shipped with only the Red depower line under this d-ring, as shown below.

Normal 2011 SLE Freestyle Bar Trim Adjustment Set-Up

To fix this issue, simply pull in the depower line 1/2 way as, at this point the line is not doubled back on itself from the handle and is thinner, allowing for more space to pull the Grey line through. Once semi depowered you can easily pass the Grey line through the d-ring to allow for normal use of the trim adjustment line.

This issue only appears to have affected the 1st production run of bars and is easily corrected. If you have any questions, give us a call at 888-544-4969 or skype call ‘oceanrodeo’ from overseas, those calls are routed through to our customer service line open m-f 8-5 GMT-8 (PST)

Happy Holidays!

John Z - OR

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 16 December 2010 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2006-04-18

John,

Mine shipped this way - I actually kind of like how it keeps the straps from flying all around.  Willing to deal with a few extra pulls to re-power as long as it is not a safety issue ..... Is it?

Posted: 17 December 2010 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2006-01-10

Not at all - no danger, no concern. It’s simply a matter of choice in that it does require a couple extra ratchets of the trim adjustment strap to power back up. Your call!

JZ

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 17 December 2010 09:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2009-12-30

Hi John, thanks for this post. Trying to send you a pm but your inbox is full…

Posted: 10 July 2013 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-07-10

Johnz, I recently bought the freestyle bar. I am having a lot of trouble using the power/depower straps. It did ship with both straps in the metal buckle and i am trying to do the adjustment you suggest. That being said, it is impossible for me to remove the power strap as it wont fit through the way you are describing because the metal buckle has one slot for each of the straps. It is not one hole that both fit through. The way the straps are now are unusable except if one uses both hands to make the adjustment (one pulling the depower while the other is holding the plastic piece the strap goes through). One solution is maybe that the metal buckle is removed altogether and both straps are left hanging. Will this work? How can I do that? The other reason may be because the straps are new and they are still hard and with time, they system will start to work. Can you help?

‹‹ Mako 2011      Gopro POV ››