OR neoprene Jacket needed ASAP!

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2006-04-27

PM

Hi Guys

I just wanted to plant an idea into the minds at OR headquarters…..

At my beach, I’m surrounded by guys standing around in their nice looking, warm as toast Cab/NPX neoprene jackets and hoodies, while I’m standing there looking like the poor cousin(visualize Randy Quaid in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation in his housecoat), well you get the idea!
I almost bought one of the Cab jackets but I just couldn’t bring myself do it, plus I wouldn’t have been able to live it down as I’m the only OR guy at our beach!

John, Ross, Kevin et. el.

I need a warm, good looking neoprene jacket with big OR graphics on it, so I can look styl’n and keep warm!!!!!

Thanks
Blake
Outstanding kiter (on a beach by myself!)

Signature

14m Rise, 12m Rise, 10m Rise, 7m Rise and a Wide Mako!

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Word!! This is a great idea!!

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Blake, you’re a beauty.

I’m all over it but it will be 6-8 months until we can bring it to market - that’s the reality folks.

In the mean time if you want a really nice version of those jackets but want to stay somewhat brand loyal check out the Playa from Hyperflex. Evan is a Hyperflex rep as well as an OR rep and the brand manager Scotty is a good friend of both of ours. For years I have used Hyperflex suits when it is too warm to ride in a drysuit and Scott has helped push our drysuits as the next level of warmth past their suit line.

Check them out, the Playa is sweet!

Z

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-04-27

PM

Johnz

Dibs on the very first ORSNJ* when they become available!

Plus I offer my services to field test the preproduction prototypes!

Blake
Feeling warmer already!

*Ocean Rodeo Styl’n Neoprene Jacket

Signature

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Hey JohnZ! I would also like to be tops on the list to get dibs at this product LOL maybe pre-production testing?? thatd be sweet

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

I’ll keep you both in mind smile

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2006-04-27

PM

Johnz

How about a free one for the guy that thought of the idea?

Blake

Signature

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

The Playa is cool, but go the extra function and make a pullover version with harness hook hole so you can ride in it.  NPX has one. I asked santa for one.

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Brent hits the nail on the head there! OR has been a company of function and in sticking with that the harness hole would be top notch. Here in Thunder Bay this product would appeal to most all of our riders as early and late in the season we’re dealing with some pretty damn cold air and water temperatures.

Cheers

Joined 2006-04-27

PM

Personally I don’t like the NPX pullover at all, that’s why I wanted the Cab zippered one. The only mod I woud make to the Cab style would be to incorporate a waterproof pocket on the inside of the jacket. I lost track of how many times I misplaced my keys on the beach…“which frigg’n bag did I leave them in this time?!”.
Tastefull graphics as well, I won a really nice hoodie from the PSkite.org guys, and it has the neatest native design on it, check it out.

I can’t imagine trying to ride with a loose fitting hoodie catching water in the sleeves, hood, etc everytime I drop in the water?

My thoughts

Blake

Signature

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

I agree, would be nice to have the mentioned jacket…

But.. if it’s cold, arn’t you as a Crew member in a OR dry-suit?.. then you really won’t be needing the neoprene jacket… wink

For al those wetsuit days it would be a nice jacket..

Regards,
Arjan

Joined 2006-04-27

PM

Hi Guys

This photo is the reason that we really need an OR Neoprene Jacket!!

http://oceanrodeo.com/ocean_rodeo_gallery/image_full/3017

Blake

Signature

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

You think she needs a jacket? .. .
hmmm

wink

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

Janus - 10 December 2010 07:32 PM

You think she needs a jacket? .. .
hmmm

wink

you think SHE is a HE???? the notes seem to suggest it…..

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, better than a warm soapy tit wank.

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Woody, first I didn’t understand and now I am ashamed… yes I thought he was a she.

I didn’t look well at the pic when I typed my reaction.. thought I saw a girl on the pic… yes I know I should were my glasses more… now I will. . now I do and I’m ashamed.. there is definatly no girl on that pic, how the hell I could see one?... maybe I wished it was.. don’t know…
So:
Sorry Daniel please accept my sincere apology.

Regards,
Arjan

Joined 2006-04-27

PM

John

On April 26th it will be 6 months from the time that I posted the requirement for an OR neoprene hoodie, and I leave for Hatteras on the 6th of May, any chance you will have a “prototype” ready for testing?

Blake

Signature