Bridle lengths—especially the 2009 12M Rise

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2010-08-06

PM

It would be nice when you suspect a bridle length issue is affecting your kite preformance if you could refer to the “orginal factory” lengths.Is there some place where we could get these lengths? Are they still top secret? I have a 2009 Rise that is not flying properly.My 2008 flies better. I noticed a pig tail was not on the leading edge attachment point (this was a demo kite).How do I know what is right? Ocean Rodeo Rules.

The Old Guys Team Rodeo Team at La Ventana.

We flown more hours than God

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Drop us an email (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) with the specific kite size and year and we will email you a chart to compare your current bridle lengths with. Bridles do stretch over time - especially of concern if someone is looping the kite consistently in one direction.

When measuring bridle lengths you need to disassemble the bridle and measure from loop to loop or to the knot. When assembled the loops will be a bit shorter.

The kites should have little larks head attachment points on the kite to allow for the bridle to be attached, so this will slightly affect the kite if they are missing. As well, the back lines on your bar and line set should have 3” “kook” proof connectors on the back lines, making them 3” longer when measured with these included (all 4 lines should be the same length without the Kook proofs installed). Line lengths will make a huge difference, so be sure to check your line lengths to ensure the front lines are not stretched out!

Good luck!

John Z - OR

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

http://oceanrodeo.com/forums/viewthread/1133/  If you have the ‘e-2’ spare shipped with your 12 use it to measure the e-2 lines your pulleys ride on !!!

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2011-04-24

PM

I have an 2009 12M that I would like to measure the bridles on to make sure they are the correct lengths.  I sent an email.  Thanks. 
I assume the kook proof lines come with the bar because I got a new 2010 Rise and it did not come with them.  On the new kites the front and back lines should be measured not taking the length of the kook proof pigtails into consideration - correct?  There seems to be more back line slack on the 2010 when using the same bar for both kites. 
Cheers.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2011-04-24

PM

Here is what I measured. Please let me know what is right.
Line:Left/Right in inches
A:36.5/36.5
B:17.75/17.75
C:55.5/55
D:46/46
E1:41/41
E2:23/24
E3:69/69
F:47.75/47.5
Thanks.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-09-03

PM

Definitely.

Nicky Wire belts out backing vocals from a mic stand covered in flowers. Too shy you say? He also has a hoover fetish.

As for how would it credit him “person who shouts” etc, it would credit that person as backing vocals on the song. Richard sings a bit on All Around The World as does some other idiots (Kate Moss?) and even though you can’t hear him, he’s credited.

Signature

Our thomas sabo store offers you the most impressive collection you would expect from an online store.We give you excellent choices of thomas sabo uk.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-11-21

PM

Pandora also provides an entire assortment of pandora bracelets, pandora charms and Necklaces use a coordinated look most abundant in popular designs.The thomas sabo selection of jewellery compliments everyone and all sorts of the thomas sabo uk jewellery reflects top quality finishing and private touches.