Help my Pyro has a gummy/Gooey neck!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2009-03-02

PM

I just moved to southern California, apon unpacking my pyro drysuit i noticed the neck is stuck together and is now partly gummy and tar like.

Winter is approaching fast….what can i do?

Phil Stanhope
09’ 8M Rize
07’ 5’6” North RocketFish

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-08-20

PM

The gasket has deteriated from a number of factors, you need to replace it; contact ocean rodeo for a replacement do it yourself repair kit or send it back for repair. if you look close you most likely will see the other gaskets are about to fail too.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2009-03-02

PM

Good forum….too bad nothing like that here. Only the neck edges are gummy and bits tear easily off of it so perhaps i can cut off the bad parts and glue on new rubber? Where can that repair kit be bought?

thanks

Phil Stanhope
09%

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-08-20

PM

1-888-544-4969

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

RodansWings - 20 August 2010 12:53 AM

Good forum….too bad nothing like that here. Only the neck edges are gummy and bits tear easily off of it so perhaps i can cut off the bad parts and glue on new rubber? Where can that repair kit be bought?

thanks

Phil Stanhope
09%

if the edges have gone the rest will likely follow and you dont want your drysuit filling up when on the water., besides its as easy to replace the whole lot as it is just a part of it. Any dive shop should be able to do it for you.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, better than a warm soapy tit wank.