2011 JT Pro 132

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2007-10-02

PM

I currently ride the 2008 129x39 zen and I think this board is absolutely perfect for me. I pulled one of the screw inserts out today so I am currently riding with the outer insert. Its no big deal, but it got me thinking about upgrading.

I used to have a 132cm x 15.25” custom that was just a little too big when the winds got really strong. How come 132 is the smallest being made? Why no 129x39? Is there any concern that for lighter riders its going to be just a bit too big?

Thanks!

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-01-17

PM

Small board + more kite = big airs!!
I weigh 85kg and ride a 124x37, loving it!

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Junky, nice to hear from you bro.

We still have a number of the smaller Zens available so if you’d like to replace the board you should get in touch with your retailer of choice and he’ll likely be able to get you a good deal on the board. This includes 2010 Zen 131s which are actually the same size as the 2009 129s with the exception of the fact that the nose curves slightly out instead of slightly in, adding a couple cm in length.

We found that the 129 and 131 proved to be - unfortunately - quite difficult to sell, not many people shared your passion for smaller boards. As such for this year’s Freestyle line up we went with a board size designed for strapped riders and one for boot binding riders, hence the 2 sizes. Jeremie is certainly not a big guy but he specified the size for this year’s board based on his riding preference.

Hope this sheds some light!

John

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Joined 2007-10-02

PM

Hey John, thanks for the info. Its always great to have such a direct line to Ocean Rodeo and find out exactly whats up with the gear decisions! Its funny, I have a hard time imagining riding anything bigger then the 129. Its my 3rd year on the zen (2008) and I haven’t found any condition that it didn’t handle with ease. Its super smooth in the chop and has fantastic pop for unhooked riding. My only real move is a Raley and the zen is super sweet for this. I ride this board when I’m on a 12 all the way down to my 6m. I don’t mind changing kites on a yearly basis, but when it comes to boards, I want to ride one until its dead!

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

You’re not alone Junky - many riders like to beat a board into submission. I’d suggest you try the new 132, it’s a beautiful board - entirely new construction techniques from the Zen, lighter, more snappy. Plus, it’s only 3cms longer… that’s a pretty minor change, our pulleys on our kites are longer than 3cms!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 185

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Hey,
the length shouldn’t be to much of a problem.
The good thing about the 132 is that it’s your primary freestyle board allowing you to land tricks even in hard conditions, bigger and wider makes it easier to land.
Also the new construction and weight make the board even lighter than last year smaller sizes.

Regarding the 132 I wanted to find a compromise to have a great freestyle board which you could also use for bindings as it is not to small.
The bigger 138 will be for riders wanting to ride mainly boots or heavier riders wanting to do both freestyle and bindings.

I started freestyle with my 132x32 at the beginning of kiting, then got the 120x36 and kept going bigger, so I’m pretty sur ethat going bigger and wider is part of the thing in freestyle nowadays. I remember when I switched from the 123 to the 129x39 I was landing twice as many tricks because of the easy landing !

You should give it a try and might love it !

( I’m 5’9 ( 180cm) and 65 kg ( 143 lbs) so not that big )

cheers

Joined 2007-10-02

PM

Hey Jeremie! Thanks for posting. I had a 127x15.25 custom and it was definitely too small to land much. Riding blind and any hot landings were very challenging!

Can the 2011 132 take bindings? I have older bindings from 2004 and they are too wide to fit the 2008 Zen. I haven’t ridden them since 2007 so its not that big of a deal, just curious.

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

Yah the 132 is made for riders who don’t wanna buy 2 boards and like to freestyle or play with boots sometime.
so your boots should fit !

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2009-08-20

PM

How is the flex, the old 129x39 rode big, the next size up was to big because it was so stiff.

I hope the new board is softer. How soft is it?

Joined 2006-01-09

PM

much softer and lighter
overall , way better

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2010-04-25

PM

hello i got a qeustion about the inserts of the JT pro.

are they the same as the 2010 zen model ?
i got now the zen 2010 133 and i kite most of the time with boots.

are the inserts the same as nexst years or do i need to buy new boots ?

greetz andre