2011 Kites

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2007-11-20

PM

I’ve just been sent some pictures of 2011 OR kites from a friend, who got them off one of those anti-social networking sites.  If the secrets are out, can we have the official low-down from OR here, on the forum? smile

Signature

14m Rise ‘07, 12m Razor ‘12, 10m Razor ‘10, 8m Razor ‘11, 6m Razor ‘11
129 Zen ‘09, 150 Mako ‘09, 159 Spleene Door, 6’1” Circle One

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2007-06-26

PM

http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2365686

thanks for the update ????

Signature

on fire

Total Posts: 65

Joined 2007-09-14

PM

gone very silent here :(

when is the Razor in Holland?

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

More information on the Razor will be updated early next week by John and Evan. This info should have been posted on the OR forum first. Missed in the long weekend rush.

However the basic info:
Razor is a 4 strut, C-SLE, designed for the freestyle or wave oriented rider. (we will have dedicated bar for this kite, however it works well the standard SLE bar)
Surf Series 5’11”, full wood deck molded epoxy construction. Thruster fin setup.
JT Pro (thats for Jeremie Tronet) full wood core, twin tip freestyle design.(replaces the Zen)
First production delivery’s for all three new products will be this Sept.
2011 Rise and Mako’s (Freeride line) will be shown towards the end of August.
We have several Razors (8, 10, 12m) and new boards on demo this weekend at Nitnat BC, so some reviews should come in next week.

Image Attachments

DSC_0026.jpg
DSC_0020.jpg

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Richard Myerscough - 01 August 2010 01:22 AM

More information on the Razor will be updated early next week by John and Evan. This info should have been posted on the OR forum first. Missed in the long weekend rush.

However the basic info:
Razor is a 4 strut, C-SLE, designed for the freestyle or wave oriented rider. (we will have dedicated bar for this kite, however it works well the standard SLE bar)
Surf Series 5’11”, full wood deck molded epoxy construction. Thruster fin setup.
JT Pro (thats for Jeremie Tronet) full wood core, twin tip freestyle design.(replaces the Zen)
First production delivery’s for all three new products will be this Sept.
2011 Rise and Mako’s (Freeride line) will be shown towards the end of August.
We have several Razors (8, 10, 12m) and new boards on demo this weekend at Nitnat BC, so some reviews should come in next week.

Will the new Razor bar have an above the bar trim strap? Would the Razor bar work with the Rise kites? I and many others don’t like below the bar depower for reasons already mentioned.

regards
Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

Yes, the new Razor bar will work on the Rise, offering above the bar trim. Max depower is acheived by a mini 5th line leash system. Pics and more detailed comments coming soon!

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

who leaked this stuff out before windfest….who just could’nt take it anymore!!!?
I admit to sharing it within seconds of seeing it…really took me by surprise though for sure!

Nice work you guys, I am totally excited and really looking forward to
flying the new kite and sliding a big JT right over some unsuspecting jellyfish.
...that surf board looks killer too, this is so sweet cool smile

(here is a link to the lake’s web cam)

http://www.nitinaht.ca/Webcam.htm

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2006-04-18

PM

New Gear leak time…..favorite part of the year!

New stuff looks amazing…..

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Sorry guys - all of my US retailers and team riders had these details before I posted this information on the other forums and to Facebook. I did not post here because for some reason I could not get the images to work from our Flickr site, whereas the other forums allow for old school uploading. Looks like Richard was able to make it happen here, so it’s all good now.

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-09-04

PM

will the new jt pros in all sizes be available for demo at the wind fest - im in need of a new ride vurrently riding the zen 135 x 43 love it too bad the jt’s are not in that size

Signature

I love to Kiteboard

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2010-02-21

PM

When are the reviews coming from the new Razor kite ?

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2009-07-24

PM

Haha, damnit. After much debate about sizing I had just settled on 7,10, and 13 2011 Rises to replace my 2008s and then OR goes and introduces a whole new kite line. As I am doing a lot more unhooked stuff lately the Razor is very interesting to me. While waiting for reviews, can we get a bit more info on the design ideas/objectives behind this kite as compared to the Rise? Just generalizations on topics like

Wind Range
Power per square meter
Flying Speed
Stability/rigidness of the canopy
Target User

In short, the Rise (the 2008 at least) has been a remarkable jack of all trades for me, taking me from complete beginner to F-16s, railies, strapless wave riding and ohh so close to my first flat 3 with relatively flew things wanting in comparison to the other brands of kites that I have tried (except perhaps for a wee bit more pop and slack when unhooked). So, what is the perceived gap in the OR kite product line that the Razor is intended to fill?

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2010-06-14

PM

Yes Silas, sitting with exact the same thoughts as i need to replace my beloved Rise 2008 kites.

im a little behind you skills wise - only starting to flirt with strapless wavesurfing (still have the front strop on) and not unhooking yet!

in the waves, i love the depower in the Rise and SLE bar (90 cm or almost 3 feet depower line/throw) and wondering how long the depower line is on the Razor bar? and whether its possible to kill the power in the Razor kite when riding the wave?

i hope that ocean rodeo are able to post more info soon?:-)

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

the 07-08 rise’s had a long range to depower.
the 09’s and especially the 2010’s require about half the sheeting to achieve the same depower.
above the bar sheeting range for the new razor….its already here IMO.
have I tried one yet, no!
but I visualize Ross engineering stability into a 4-strut design with brisk de-power above the bar
very easily with what has come out from OR so far.
wish I could say more…especially about the new mako’s,
but I don’t like being hit in the knees with a hockey stick.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2010-06-14

PM

i like the long depower line enabling you to kill 99 pct of the power in the Rise, but yes ofcourse if same depower can be acheived with shorter line then thats great aswell.
does anybody know how long the depower line of the Razor bar will be? and whether it is possible to also take out 99 pct power of Razor kite?

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2009-07-24

PM

Jacobb, without having seen the gear or talking to anyone who has, I can answer a with a confident no, the Freestyle bar will not allow the 99% depower you talk of. If you desire this much depower, the Razor can be used with the Freeride bar, but then you have to accept the below the bar trim system as a consequence.

According to the info released thus far, the Freestyle Bar comes with a mini-5th safety which says right away that bar throw alone doesn’t offer full depower.