Go Joe Pro - Prototype Video and Photos!

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

Personally I have my OR branded dangerous underwear on!

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, better than a warm soapy tit wank.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2007-08-14

PM

I like the way it looks and is setup.
It would be nice if it didn’t have to have a leash like setup to your leg, but I don’t know how to get around that either…

I also agree that price point is a little high.  I think in could justify 149.99.

Keep up the good work ocean rodeo!

Josh

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

and i take it it doesnt work in cross shore winds? if anything it would do the opposite?

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

sean - 20 July 2010 09:50 AM

and i take it it doesnt work in cross shore winds? if anything it would do the opposite?

que??

In cross shore winds it will blow it, err, cross shore!? Same as the current one does. Depending on the currents it may go faster one way than the other, but it will still go cross shore. The only time it wouldn’t be a great idea is offshore, but then, you shouldn’t really be riding in off shore winds?

Signature

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Hey Woody71 - Looking at your signature one suspects that you’re pretty passionate about Ocean Rodeo red face ....Just pondering how it’d perform in warm soapy waters? wink

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 112

Joined 2006-05-30

PM

Back on topic ...

While it’s a clever design, I doubt sales at a $200 US price-point will cover development & promo costs. Affluent beginners too self-conscious to use the inflato GoJo, rental boards, and advanced riders who regularly ride in strong up-wind current conditions are your market segments. I don’t think it will sell to riders in big wind / can’t see your board wind chop conditions. I get a fair amount of those conditions and I wouldn’t buy at $200 US.

The product has similarities to the “Deviator” from windsurfing, an add-on to the front of the mast foot to prevent the mast from demolishing the nose of the board in a wicked wipe-out. It protected a $1,000+ board from ~ $300 repair cost and retailed for about $70. Great idea but I doubt it sold enough to cover mold & patent costs.

However, if product testing has shown you can get the same function from an EVA float 1/3 the size of the inflato, I’d recommend replacing the inflato model with a fixed compact EVA that clicks in, no more screwing around with the board handle. IMO, smaller size and fast on-off are the two selling features of the GoJoPro !

JZ -  that Hoodie can’t go to Glazier, he’d get “Naish” printed all over it,  and Andy, poor lad needs more TOW, and/or time between the sheets !

Signature

Comox Kite Repair
http://www.comoxkiterepair.ca

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

andy - 20 July 2010 06:02 PM

Hey Woody71 - Looking at your signature one suspects that you’re pretty passionate about Ocean Rodeo red face ....Just pondering how it’d perform in warm soapy waters? wink

Orgasmic ;0)

Signature

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

We’ll announce the winner of the sweat shirt next week folks!!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-07-23

PM

Someone told me about this, so just popped over to have a look.  I think it’s an amazing idea!  I’ve spent the last 2 years tootling about being too scared to really send it for fear of losing my board!  I usually fly in a lot of chop & often can’t see where my board is to body drag back to it.  After almost losing it several times I just stopped taking risks & it got really bit boring for a long time there!  I’ve just done my first ever week in warm waist deep waters & what a difference when you know you can walk to your board!  Properly sent it every time I did & learnt so much (well you can do when you’re that high up!).  I wouldn’t buy the original one, looks very big & like it’d get in the way to me, but if I could still do board offs with this then yes I’d be interested, though tiz a bit pricey.  If you need any testing in the UK though…. wink

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Thank you Karen for voicing what all of us have gone through while pushing the bounderies.
The dynamics of risk versus progression
The go joe, especially this new one, should greatly reduce the risk of getting seperated from your ride.

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

I have GoJoe v1, and v2. I find the new GoJoe interesting. I would like to see a leash-less activation system. My solution:
A magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) on the GoJoe that can detect when the strong magnet on the magnetic ankle bracelet is not in close proximity. You can probably buy a miniaturized MAD microchip that takes nearly no power from a chip plant in Hong Kong. Board offs? No problem, the MAD only fires the release latch when the board is 2 meters away.

Can I have my hoodie now?

kind regards
Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

Soooooooooo…..

Who’s the lucky winner?

Signature

Total Posts: 112

Joined 2006-05-30

PM

Woody71 - 30 July 2010 12:26 PM

Soooooooooo…..

Who’s the lucky winner?

I know, things getting busy with new ‘11 gear and Windfest at Nitinaht coming up .... but this should be a quick one to knock off ...

Signature

Comox Kite Repair
http://www.comoxkiterepair.ca

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

GregKnowles - 04 August 2010 08:22 AM
Woody71 - 30 July 2010 12:26 PM

Soooooooooo…..

Who’s the lucky winner?

I know, things getting busy with new ‘11 gear and Windfest at Nitinaht coming up .... but this should be a quick one to knock off ...

Yeah I guess so, still no word eh :(

Signature

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2007-01-05

PM

Okay…we have a winner.

All the feedback was great and much appreciated. Tough to pick a winner so we put all your names in a hat and conducted a legit random draw.

And the winner is…Craig Myers!!

Nice work buddy! Drop me a message with what size you would like.

Cheers.