Help out a CREW man, and win a MAKO

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2006-10-19

PM

Help us raise some money for Cystic Fibrosis, and enter to win an Ocean Rodeo Mako.

Background:
Some of you will know Paul Underhill well from kiting with him in Victoria, and Nitinat Lake.  Paul has Cystic Fibrosis- simply put, a serious fatal genetic disease that causes sticky mucus to clog up your lungs and amoung other things reduces lung function- Paul is constantly out of breath. Despite these and other health issues, Paul has managed to become a great kiter - ripping it up as a dedicated OR rider from the early days of kiting Vancouver Island. He is one of the most inspirational, passionate and funniest people I have ever met. One who looks past his own illness and mortality and is committed to improving the lives of others. Despite recent weeks in and out of hospital Paul is digging deep to support the organization that has helped him survive:

Raising Money

In honor of his 40th year, Paul (also known as KiteKook) has set his sights on raising $40,000 “to support the organisation that has largely been responsible for keeping me alive” His story is an extraordinary one, and the local kite community is rallying behind a fundraising event on May 30 called “The Great Strides Walk” Many Island kiters (including me) and friends are joining Paul with fund raising efforts and walking the event next Sunday.  Paul’s “Vive et Ama” team has already raised nearly 15,000$ through many donations, but we are still working very hard to reach our 40,000$ goal!
Check out the team: Vive et Ama team

WIN A MAKO

The good fellows at Ocean Rodeo have always been super supportive of the CREW, especially the local home boys.
They have made a very generous donation to this event in support of Paul, the Vive et Ama Team and the CF foundation’s Great Strides Event-  an Ocean Rodeo MAKO kiteboard up for raffle. SWEET! Thanks OR- you guys are truly fantastic .

HOW TO ENTER

OK OR CREW
you get to help out a fellow kiter, feel great about donating to an amazing organization and have damn good odds at winning an awesome MAKO
Here is how to do it in just a couple of minutes:
1     CLick on this link
  SPONSOR PAUL
2   Sponsor at least 20 $ to Paul on the Great Strides walk with your credit card ( leave a good luck message too!) 
    20$= 1 TICKET..    50$ GETS YOU 3 TICKETS                  
3 Post on this thread that you have sponsored Paul, and your name will be entered into the draw to win the board!
    (This draw is being organized and verified by the Vive Et Ama team)

Thanks everyone for supporting such an important event and organisation.
As Paul says…..“helping the kids of today so they don’t have to face the trials of CF - that is the real reason behind my drive to fundraise for the Great Strides Walk this year”

Thomas Kerr

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2006-11-22

PM

Ok I just ponied up 55 dollars. Mako love all around.

regards
Kirk

Signature

Core XR3 12M
Rise XPD 9M
Mako King
Mako Classic
Mako Wide

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2010-05-23

PM

Pick me smile  $185 and counting….sponsoring those left with zero balance, BWD team members I recognize

Go Paul, Go!!!  woohoo!!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2006-02-08

PM

Good luck Paul! All the best,
Christopher Sarnecki

$55

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

Nice work everyone ... Paul (after months of deliberation) hand delivered my first kiteboard (Underground from N.Z.) to me @ work in the pioneer (for us in Victoria) days of kiting & was the first to land his kite on a cabin @ Gordons beach !!! $50 donated

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Joined 2010-05-25

PM

Great Cause!

I’m in for Fiver

Peter N

Joined 2010-05-23

PM

wowsa, five hundred bucks, that’s pretty damn decent!  Way to go!!

Joined 2006-10-19

PM

Hahah.
Big P gave fiver 10s, not fiver 100s…:)

Take it easy Kus

Joined 2006-10-19

PM

Paul D

Nice donation my friend! Your in the raffle for 3 tix.

Thanks guys,

Our fundraising team now ranks in the top 10 in Canada! Mostly powered by the wind community!

Cheers,
Thomas

Joined 2010-05-23

PM

just joshing, eh…..i never take it easy, u know that wink

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2010-05-25

PM

Pauls fundraising journey is incredible and for those of you who havent met him- he is a fantastic guy.
Good luck ToesdideT and Kitekook!

I am in for 3 tix.

The General

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2006-01-16

PM

Thomas,

I’m down for $100 bucks. Go Kitekook go!

Chris

Joined 2010-05-26

PM

Thanks for getting this going TK, i’m in for 3 tix!!

OTHER Reuben.

Joined 2010-05-23

PM

Hey, another $25 from me to kick off the fundraising efforts of yet another BWD team member smile  at $210 now, keep it going people, woohooo, gooooo Paul et Team, go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let’s see if we can achieve a Vive et Ama team effort of $20k for CF before Friday

Joined 2010-05-27

PM

I’m in for $20…I hope you reach your goal grin

Bearclaw

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Great Cause….great guy…amazing strength and willpower

Dale Moffatt in for $35.00

Signature

Airtime, its all bout the airtime