Punch-up bar questions

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2006-02-07

PM

HI,

Questions abt Punch-Up bar.

1. Whats the standard sheeting distance to the stopper?
2. Can this be adjusted?
3. Whats the sheeting distance with stopper released?
4. Can i lock-off the stopper to wake-mode while riding? IF i stop and doing while flying kite?
5. Frontline re-ride leash would be very long, how long will it be?

TW

Total Posts: 1246

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Re: Punch-up bar questions

[quote author=“TW”]HI,

Questions abt Punch-Up bar.

1. Whats the standard sheeting distance to the stopper?
2. Can this be adjusted?
3. Whats the sheeting distance with stopper released?
4. Can i lock-off the stopper to wake-mode while riding? IF i stop and doing while flying kite?
5. Frontline re-ride leash would be very long, how long will it be?

TW

TW, thanks for the questions!

I would recommend that you check out this previous posting:

http://www.oceanrodeo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7

Also, I have posted below a picture of the bar for you to look at. The throw distance is about the same as any other bar on the market, 12” or so. The location of the stopper ball can be easily adjusted, though would need to be done before your session.

With the stopper released the sheeting distance is essentially up to the middle line swivel, though the kite would be fully de-powered before then.

Yes, the upper stopper ball’s variable release tension is adjustable with a thumb screw so you could adjust it while riding. Some early models have shipped with an allan key screw, this can easily be replaced if you contact us.

A front line leash would be long and in fact is only recommended for use as a beginner as it would lead to tangles if the bar is spun.

The best set-up we have found if you are committed to riding in a wake style set-up with the stopper ball locked out is to run a line up through the bar hole and attach it to the bottom of the swivel (to allow proper opperation of the swivel) run this line from the bottom of the swivel through the bar hole and off to a leash to your harness. This will allow proper bar spinning and will allow the de-power of the kite if un-hooked from the chicken loop.

John Z!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc