2008 Diablo questions

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2010-01-06

PM

Hey everyone! Just broke out my new diablo, and just had a couple questions on how to attatch the lines to the kite…
I’m used to bow kites, and it didn’t come with an owners manual haha.

So anywho… there are two red lines on the outside of the bar, two white lines on the inside of the bar, and the gray 5th line near the white ones…

the gray one obviously attatches to the middle, i know this… but one side of the attatchments (on the kite) are red, and the other side is white…

now my knowledge tells me to follow the color code, but shouldn’t i attatch the red outside lines to the trailing edge of the kite, while the white lines attatch to the leading edge? And if this is so, why is the color code so weird? thanks!!!

Total Posts: 349

Joined 2007-01-03

PM

dont get hung up on the colours. lay your kite pumped up tube down on the beach, ignore the steering lines for now, do a run down the lines and untangle the 5th line from the two lines that split in a “V” from the middle of the bar. attatch those 3. then go back to your bar and untangle the steering lines. if you make sure the steering lines are always above the lines you’ve already attatched it’ll be tangle free when you flip it over smile

now go have fun, those things are beasts smile

oh, and on the 08 diablo have both the front and wingtip adjustable attatchment points on the furthest back of the two settings. (ie. towards the wingtip)
it flies best like that.

Signature

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Joined 2010-01-06

PM

so the steering (red, outer) lines go on which edge of the kite? the inflated or the trailing?

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2010-04-23

PM

Just remember

Out back
Front and Center

The Outside lines on the bar go to the Back of the kite (Trailing edge)
The Center lines go to the Front of the kite (leading edge)

5th line to the center of the kite

Cheers

Joined 2010-01-06

PM

thank you smile i thought so! you guys rock. everyone that i’ve met that kiteboards is always rad.

Joined 2010-01-06

PM

another question. when practicing (on land) with a 5th line kite such as mentioned above, do i have to have the chicken loop attatched to anything? like do i have to wear my harness or can i just let it hang there?

Joined 2007-01-03

PM

what, you mean unhooked? should be fine, just tie a bit of string around your belt to the 5th in case you let go. dont want to lose that shiney new kite!

Signature

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Joined 2010-01-06

PM

no, no, i meant can i just hook the 5th line to my belt vs. having to haul the harness out?

Joined 2007-01-03

PM

thats what i just suggested dude :D

Signature

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll