Best windrange to fly a 14m diablo in?

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2010-01-06

PM

Which windrange is the best to fly a 14m C-kite (diablo) in to be nice and safe?

Just bought it and haven’t flown a c kite before so i wanna train with it in a big field first.

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

your weight please.

You should, just about, get it and keep it in the air at 10mph on land. Build it up from there

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Joined 2010-01-06

PM

i weigh about 185 right now after just gaining about 15 lbs of muscle..

i want to get a 09 rise 8m really bad haha

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2007-10-30

PM

Yeah, the 14 is your big kite so pretty much as soon as you can get it to stay in the air to the upper teens for knots and maybe low 20’s for mph.  Like mentioned get good and comfy with it in its low end, working on the 5th line relaunch before you go taking it out in the top half of its range.  Get comfy with the 5th line safety.  Its nice and dependable.

Great kite.

Joined 2010-01-06

PM

Please know that i am a newbie haha.

My friend who has been doing this for years thinks that i would be in serious danger if i were to try it out in a field.
I am coming from training with a 3m sensei trainer kite… and i am totally comfortable with that and have it almost down pat, even relaunching from the ground…

I really want to train with this, but i don’t want to be unsafe.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2009-10-10

PM

You’ll be fine in the field.  Just make sure you have some help with you to launch and land.

Joined 2010-01-06

PM

Haha hey thanks! So i should start off launching it in lighter winds though? Like 10mph-15 just to get used to it? smile

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2009-10-10

PM

Yup. And depower as needed.