Kitesurfing in March: Varadero Cuba

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-03-16

PM

Thanks for starting this post OP.

I am planning to go to Varadero on vacation in the first week of April and take lessons so I guess Joze Vizoso is the person I will be looking for. If he is busy I’m guessing he has a brother or cousin who he will pass me on to? smile

As a complete beginner, I have a few followup questions:
- How much is a day of lessons and is it a fixed price or negotiable? Am I looking at $50 to $100 a day (or if you could advise the equivalent in CUC), so at least i know how much money to go with. Is it better to pay in CUC or Canadian Dollars?
-Are there any other all-inclusives other than Marina Palace anyone can recommend in that strip? Right now Marina seems good value for the price. Seems to me the only other hotels next to it are iberostars but they don’t have rooms for the dates I am going. I don’t want to be taking the bus out of the hotel and back every day so if I can just meet the instructor on the beach at my hotel that would be perfect.
-Anyone got any other contact of an instructor as a backup just in case I don’t find Joze or he’s out of town or is there a way to get in touch with him before I get there other than going to Hotel Club Kawama?

Thanks.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-09-07

PM

I’m digging up an old thread but its a good one!

How is the wind in veradaro in November? I’m thinking of heading down for 2 weeks and would love to find mr jose.. sounds like the man for cuba.  Do you know if they are still in need of kite gear/repair parts?  If so it might be worth bringing stuff down to trade for some lessons.. mutually beneficial!