SLE Bar 3.0
Posted: 31 December 2009 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-06-23

Hi

A lot of talk about the new bar, i have read it all, my trim line broke on mine the other day, had only about 15 hours on it, had a couple of nicks in it due to having to clip the leash on it a couple of times, waxed it as well, do you see a problem with me replacing it with spectra line, more durable outer case on this line, what do you think ??

Michael

Posted: 31 December 2009 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2007-01-03

nope. thats what ive done on my bar.

just get the length right, and pin your lines out in the garden to check they’re equal afterwards.

i spliced a metal sheave from the chandlery and spliced it into a loop on the end to attatch the leash to.

Signature 

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Posted: 31 December 2009 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-06-23

Thanks Harry

Any simply remedy to make it easy to depower, like a above the bar system ??

Michael

Posted: 31 December 2009 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2007-01-03

i never have any issues with it to be honest. just wrap your hand around it and give it a tug. flatten off your edge a bit as you do it and it shouldnt be an issue. its just one of the few disadvantages of the below bar setup that you cant depower while powering along at full speed. but the ease of leashing to it combined with the lack of clutter is well worth it. plus you dont have to break your stance to adjust the trim like you do with an above bar trimmer.

Signature 

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll