1 of 2
SLE bar 3.0 The most dangerous product for kiteboarding
Posted: 09 December 2009 12:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-12-09

Hi,

Sorry for the title but is true. I don’t know how a company like Ocean Rodeo can take to the market a product so dangerous. Do you not believe me? That what’s happening:

- It autoeject all the time
- It’s IMPOSIBLE to depower. I tried all. If the secure of the chicken loop is not set (to ride unhooked) you better not try at all or you will end with the kite full power unhooked and with only one hand in the bar. HEEEEEELLLPPPPP

Please Ocean Rodeo Listen to you customers. I saw other topic that your people is saying that is no problem at all. I like the brand very much but this bar is the worst product Ocean Rodeo released.

Please rebuild the chicken loop and send the spare parts for all your clients or your brand will suffer.

Posted: 09 December 2009 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2006-01-10

LifeToKite:

Please call our offices by Skype (oceanrodeoinfo) or by phone - 01-250-544-4969 - to arrange to have replacement parts for your bar sent to you. We will need to talk to you in person to figure out exactly what issues you are having and how to solve them for you but from the sounds of things the only piece you will need to replace will be the chicken loop.

We are sorry you are having this issue. We have discovered that some chicken loops have a piece of webbing used to hold the loop in place that has been cut to the wrong size and allows the loop to open. In the least you will need to replace this webbing but if you are also having trouble adjusting the trim we will want to talk to you.

Please call during our office hours, GMT-8, PST 8am to 4pm.

John Z

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 09 December 2009 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-09

Hi John,

Thank you for your response and I appreciate the replace of the chicken loop to stop autoejecting but you are totally passing away the other problem that I saw other customers are posting here http://oceanrodeo.com/forums/viewthread/2179/ and we are really suffering. Not me only but me a 9 other guys!

Here we have are at least 10 bars with that problem but as I read Ocean Rodeo continue to say that problem not exists. Try to depower a kite while the loop not secured and then tell us. Please don’t test it dry. Test at full power in the water. This is dangerous. Please read the link I posted. THIS SYSTEM HAS A PROBLEM PLEASE FIX IT YOU HAVE ALL THE INFO YOU NEED.

I can’t phone you I’m not in Canada or US.

Thanks.

Posted: 09 December 2009 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2006-10-24

If there’s a problem with the chicken loop releasing I’m sure John and OR will sort the problem for you. Seems to be a one off problem.

With regard to adjusting the trim I’m sure the guys are investigating this as well. There are more than a few of us now who aren’t having any problems with it.

Signature 

The only kiter in the Village

Posted: 09 December 2009 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  473
Joined  2006-07-15

Sort Skype out and speak to OR direct using your computer.

As far as sheeting goes, its a matter of altering the method you use for sheeting.

I just cant believe that people are putting this bar down whe it is hands down the best on the market!

Signature 

http://www.oceanrodeokites.co.uk

RIPPING UP THE OCEAN RODEO GEAR IN THE UK!!!!

Posted: 09 December 2009 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2007-09-15

Like everything mate, it’s easier for someone with a problem to come online and stamp their little feet rather than contact a manufacturer directly to try and resolve it.

Rather than just saying ‘hey guys I have a problem please help’ it’s a full on flame sesh about it. People that don’t help themselves do my head in!

At least it sounds luke OR know about the loop issue and can resolve. And there always the returns guarantee if they really don’t like it!

Signature 

Ocean Rodeo, better than a warm soapy tit wank.

Posted: 09 December 2009 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  520
Joined  2008-04-13

Girls!
I’m not having any of the problems with my own “shop dog busted up and abused for the sake of science prototype bar”, but I was happy to give it a quick thought.
Here’s a quick fix - still unofficial but for those who want to solve the jamming of the stopperball against the chickenloop hub quickly:

- mark the location of the knots on the trim line
- undo the knots at the end of the trim line and remove the stopper balls.
- flatten one of the balls until it measures around 20mm, use a saw, sanding paper, file, belt sander, knife, chisel or whatever you have. Flatten away at the side with the small hole.

- put the whole thing back together, with the flattened ball first.
- after 15 minutes of DIY joy, marvel at your job well done and crack a beer!

Again, not official and supported by OR by any means as of yet.

Posted: 09 December 2009 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2007-01-03

your thread seems a bit unnecessary mate, at least get in touch with OR personally first to sort your problems rather than just jumping straight to the hyperbole and attacking their rep, this isn’t kook-forum… from experience, if theres a serious fault with your bar which is not normal and you talk nicely to someone, (get skype (5 min download) and call “oceanrodeo” )you’ll get sorted with a new one. and OR of all people would not release a product which doesn’t work.

its the same trim as the last 3 years bars, same kind of cleat..same rope. just in a new pretty plastic casing. bear in mind a new rope will always be a bit slippy and a new cleat will grip better after a couple of sessions when the teeth sharpen a bit from use. new rope from a factory always comes out with a a kind of waxy surface on it as a result of the manufacturing process.. this usually wears off after a couple of sessions. on my boat i always run new ropes through the washing machine to remove it.

if youre used to pull-pulls you’ll also find that you cant trim when powered, you have to do it when going slow or when your edge is flattened for a sec. i ride the 08 bar (same cleat) and can only just pull the trim on when im riding fast and powered if i wrap it round my hand and grunt a bit. thats normal.

as for the ejecting, all you have to do is move the knot on that bit of bungee that springs the collar back so that the elastic’s tighter.. surely thats common sense and not something worth throwing your toys out of the pram about.

give the OR boys some credit and see if they can help, before you get all pissy about it smile

Signature 

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Posted: 09 December 2009 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-09

Hi,

For the guys that take it personally: I’m a very fan of Ocean Rodeo. I ride it products for years and never have a problem. I’m not beginning a thread with only a personal problem at all. As I say 10 other very very experimented guys are having the same problem. Hey do you all read the other thread from Surfnomada?? They are experimenting the same problem. And they are in other continent from us! Hey if we ride all SLE bars from previous years without a problem, we are most of us near pro guys telling the bar has a problem and all I want is have this soluted. I don’t want to have a nice call over a skype to have only my problem solved because if this is not soluted for every owner of this bar someone will be really get hurt and this will be a big problem not this thread.

Expect from El Rudo I keep reading that the bar has no problem and this is the reason of my post. OR please do something quickly before the bar seriosly get over the market.

Thanks.

Posted: 09 December 2009 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-24

So you’re not prepared to;

1. contact OR by phone
2. Contact OR by Skype
3. Speak to your supplier so they can speak to OR.

How do you expect the problem to get sorted then?

Seriously OR wouldn’t release a product with a problem. If there’s something that’s happened during manufacture then they will sort the issue but if you aren’t going to contact them how can they help you and your friends?

Speak to them and they will address any problem.

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2009 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-13

Hi LifeToKite,
This is a public forum and you’re entitled to post your problem here. While John and I have the power to change or delete your posts, we haven’t done so. Instead, John offers you to sort it out by sending you replacement parts and listening to you, I help you with a quick mod suggestion, which I post on my personal title. To help you and anyone else, in the same spirit John, I and a lot of other kiters help each other out on the beach. By talking to you in person, the OR staff wants to establish EXACTLY what is going on, in order to help you and to assess actions needed towards manufacturing.
You use very strong words and threatening language over something that has been discussed here before, and is regarded as incidental (auto-ejecting) and minor (jamming of the ball). Most users don’t even have these problems. Just like you, other users are entitled to share their opinion here.
The problem Surfnomada had was different from what you describe, related but different.

cheers, Rudo

btw where are you located? Just interested here!

Posted: 09 December 2009 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-09

Hi, you still focus on attack me. Me is not the problem. The problem is the bar. If I want to do something to the brand I will no be posting here and I instead post on Kiteforum a thing that I don’t want by any means. The problem is very clear and is exactly the same that has surfnomada. Maybe I didn’t explain well. But do you think that a product could hit the market that needs a modification to solve a problem like you propose (that problem we also have it but I don’t want to add more problems!). The problem is simple: You want to depower and instead of the line run freely (detached of course from the cleat I’m not a newbie) the whole chicken loop is pulled toward you badly. If you have one hand in the trim line trying to depower and you don’t have the donkey dick set in your harness bar you ended with the bar unhooked with only one hand on the bar and one on the trim line (I can handle that even in overpower conditions but most of other people don’t). Imagine that situation in a crowded location. We have close calls last week. Just a little luck be our side no more than that. No comments if you combine the two problems (when you are riding unexpectdly unhooked with only one hand and the bar auto-eject: KABUMMMM)

Kite boarding is a dangerous sport. All products must minimize security problems. Ocean Rodeo, a brand that I admire, never has a problem like this. If you want to delete me thread go on. The problem if you don’t fix the trim line/cleat/chicken loop is for the brand that all of us really like.

Posted: 09 December 2009 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-24

Speak to them and they will listen and resolve the issue in the right way. They want to know

How can it be resolved unless you talk to them? It can’t!!!

Signature 

Posted: 09 December 2009 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-13

I stand corrected. I didn’t get that from your first postings, now I see that you are describing the trim line having a lot of friction inside the channel of your chickenloop.
A new chickenloop will sort you out. Contact John or your dealer.

Posted: 09 December 2009 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2009-01-07

Didnt read the posts right either.

Posted: 09 December 2009 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2007-01-05

Hello Life to Kite,

As many people have mentioned it is a lot easier for us to solve a problem if we have a clear grasp of the issue at hand.

If you get a chance give us a call or if you could leave us a number where we can reach you that would be great.

Kevin - .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

1 of 2