2 of 3
Solution for the triming problems of the SLE 3.0 bar
Posted: 15 November 2009 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2006-01-10

Surf nomad.

To be sure we are not taking things personally but just want to make sure this is not seen to be a bigger issue than it is. From our experiences so far no one else has had the same issues. It is important for us that our customers know that the issues you appear to be having are issolated to you.

I’d ask that you contact us directly at the office on Monday and we can help take care of your specific concerns.

John

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 05 December 2009 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2006-10-24

Right I’ve managed a session on the new bar now. While I may may not have the same problems as you guys there was one thing I did notice. When you have the trim set all the way out (full power) and the stopper ball slips above the cleat it can be difficult to pull in some trim. Leave the rope runnning through the cleat and there’s absolutely no issue whatsoever.

New bar is awesome full stop!

Signature 

The only kiter in the Village

Posted: 05 December 2009 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2006-06-15

Bugger Colyn beat me to it again!!
When the depower is against the ball rather in the cleat rather than jammed it can be a little awkward and when on the beach without pressure on the front lines the chicken loop moves rather than the cleat releasing. This said on the water riding to Quote the great Welshman New bar is Awesome full stop

Posted: 07 December 2009 01:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2007-10-02

The new bar is awesome. I’ve had 3 sessions on it and trimming is not a problem. I love the ergonomics and the cleaner chicken loop. The 9m 2010 is sick, possibly the best kite ever.

Posted: 08 December 2009 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2007-04-23

Yeah so I was out on my 6 meter in high winds Sunday and have to agree with noo noo. Trouble is if you let go of the trim accidentally, which can happen when wearing thick gloves, it goes all the way past the stopper everytime. I wonder if you just moved the stopper up like a 1/4 inch if this would prevent it every time? Anyone else think that may work? Otherwise the bar is sick. Quick release is way better this year. Very smooth!!

Posted: 09 December 2009 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2006-04-18

Just got off the water…..new 2010 Bar is amazing, no trim issues whatsoever on the two bars I have used.

Posted: 23 December 2009 05:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2006-03-24

My new bar was really sticky when I let it out all the way, so that the ball was out of the cleat and up against the line hole.
It felt like the trim line was caught in a bite in this position and I could not free it when it was loaded up with the kite.
The line moved freely with no load on it when I tried it on land.
I removed the trim line and discovered a section of plastic slag left over from the casting/mfg process.
I was kinda surprised that it had been so well hidden when I looked at it with the rope running through the hole.
I cut the slag flush with a sharp knife and sanded it smooth, then reassembled the bar.
Took about 15 minutes…love how easy it is to service this system.
Now it works much better.

Its an easy fix if you run into this with your new bar.

Love the way this shape feels in your hands! cool smile
Here is a go-pro vid of the sesh…the 10m rocks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veRyZEbWK5Q

Posted: 24 December 2009 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  519
Joined  2008-04-13

<moved to Technical Information>
Thanks for posting this Craig, fix well done. We already have new QA guidelines for this in place.

Posted: 24 December 2009 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2009-10-23

We already have new QA guidelines for this in place   ?? pic please .

Posted: 24 December 2009 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-13

Hi Viper, Quality Assurance guidelines take place in the factory, not very interesting for posting.

Posted: 24 December 2009 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2009-10-23

Ok

Posted: 10 January 2010 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2006-01-20

New Bars are working great—no issues on either size for me.

Signature 

Its all about the adventure and stoke!

Posted: 15 March 2010 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-03-15

I had similar jamming and unable to depower issues using the cleat with a brand NEW 2010 bar recently. I was using it for it’s first time on a 6m on a 30 knot plus day. It was way to hard to disengage with the stopper ball seated against the cleat. Even after gaining some slack, still the line was extremely hard to depower.  It was dangerous enough to be out on that day and this issue made it that much more unnerving. Maybe there is a small break in period, but this could cause disaster for someone on their first ride.

Posted: 15 March 2010 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-13

Hi Robert, welcome to the crew and thanks for posting your findings with your bar.
You apparently seem to have a bar from the first production run, some of them had the issues you describe, plus the newer runs don’t have 2 stopper balls on the trim line, they have one knot and one stopper ball. The knot doesn’t jam like you describe.
You can contact your dealer and ask for a replacement chickenloop assembly.
Meanwhile you can opt to carefully ream the holes with a 6.5 mm drill bit, and remove the first stopper ball and leave the knot to act as stopper. This wont jam.
I hope this helps!

Posted: 31 May 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2007-09-22
miltsface - 12 November 2009 06:02 PM

is there anyone who has used the new bar and also used the earlier SLE bars (are used to the below the bar trim line) that are having a similar issue?

I have Rise 2010 (free ride) with the same issue and all my 2011 bars (fusion) have the issue.

/ch

2 of 3