anyone got their hands on the 2010 rise yet?

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

Just wanted to ask if anyone, riders or shop owners , have got their hot little hands on the new rise yet??? Anyone from O.R themselves got something real or positive to say when they will actually be within grasp of a normal rider???

Total Posts: 93

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

Hi Squiz,
I got my 2010 12 meter yesterday after waiting for them since early Sept. My local dealer, Windance in Hood River, has had demo’s since then and I’ve got to ride the 6,7,9,12 and they all have improvements over the ‘09’s, and they are great kites. I little faster turning, more top end and maybe even a little more low end. They seem to have more boost also. I can’t wait to get my new 12 on the water, still waiting for my new 9 to come in, maybe in 2-3 weeks. I’m keeping my ‘09 6 meter so will have 6,9,12 to cover most anything. The 12 has great range for a bigger kite!! Be patient, it will be worth the wait!!
Pete

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2009-11-04

PM

Hi There!
I got my 9 and 6 RIse two weeks ago, and also was waiting since september.
Anyway.
First I tryied the 9 in pretty low wind cond, around 15kts and with my surfboard.
The kite feels just great.And its true it is faster than the 2009.Thats great for surfing beacouse I normally surf with the 6 and if the wind drops from 18kts I struggle with the big kites.Not this time.

I tryed the 6m Rise two days ago, 30kts plus gusty .Apart from the fact that it was impossible to manipulate the trim line( see the other post) the kite went awesome.Very predictable and fast.

Hope it helps

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

I have had the 11 and 6 out on demo.  When you look at the 2010 it looks like the Rise we know but when you fly it there is a vast improvement.  Main advantages
1 next to no back stalling
2 a little faster in the big kites ( Small kites I have not ridden)
3 the 11m has the power of the 2009 12m bottom end and a top end way above.
4 Feeling on the bar close to the 2009 which make swapping no problem.

From 2007 through to 2009 the Rise had incremental improvements . The 2010 has jumped forward

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2008-05-24

PM

I cant imagine how the 2010 8 meter Rise could be improved from 2009.  Dont know that I would want the kite
any faster and jumps insane!  I would guess that the noticeable differences from ‘09 to ‘10 would be in the bigger
size kites.

Joined 2009-11-04

PM

Hi,
After today┬┤s ride I have more things to say.
I rode my 6 m today.It was a little bit risky because there were only 18 to 20 kts and quite gusty.
I rode it with my surfboard and went prty well.I manage to ride upwind most of the time, kind of struggling on the way against the waves(2mt faces) and riding perfectly upwind on the way back.

But…at some point trying to pull the trim line.(.which I have to say is really hard..almost impossible for me ) , I push the security pull out..and nightmare afterwards..broken bladder and kite.

It had never happened to me before, I guess it is something normal with that disposition .

HAve fon upthere wink

Total Posts: 93

Joined 2008-05-03

PM

Bummer! Do you have the 2010 bar? My friend had a problem with the ‘09 releasing accidentally. My new 2010 looks much better and sounds like your release was a result of meessing with the trim line. I’ve been on the Rise’s since ‘08 and no problem with the trim line adjustment. It does get easier with a little wear on the line and cleat but it sounds like something is not right with yours. Take it back to your dealer and see if they can figure it out. I know OR is the absolute best when it comes to product problems and warranty! Hope this helps a little…
Pete

Joined 2009-11-04

PM

Hi Pete,
Yes the problem with pullie came right when I was messing with the trim line.
Is not just me having the problems with trim line.Actually it ishappening to 4 more people here in the Canary Islands.
I am not sure what the problem is.It could get better with the wear of the rope..but if you cant just use it it wont wear…
I have contacted the spanish dealer, actually I am the local dealer for canaries but we cant manage to solve it like this.

Have fun

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2007-05-26

PM

I got my 2010 11m and bar from Fedex at 10 and was on the water with it by 1.  Typical central Ohio “wind”—lulls to 10 and gusts in the mid-to-high 20s.  I can compare the 11m to the 2008 12 m rise it is replacing.  The most noticeable difference is in light winds —the kite keeps much more power at the end of the downstroke and generates more power and keeps speed on the upstroke without having to sheet all the way out.  It handled gusts like a champ as well (although the 2008 was pretty good at this as well).  Felt a little more rigid in the gusts.  Great kite.

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

The BKB has some…but they are being very quiet lately.
(probably because its been blowing like crazy up there)
I plan on grabbing one or more when my King arrives.

BKB owner Andy Holmes flying a 2010 12m Rise

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2008-09-16

PM

I’ve spend 3 sessions on the 2010 Rise kites (both the 9m and the 14m).

I really have to admit that they are a significant improvement over 2009, much more so than I was expecting.

The feel about the same on the low end, and they seemed to have picked up a bit on the high end. I was easily able to switch back and forth between a 9m and a 14m in the same winds and feel comfortable on both.

Biggest Changes:
1.) Kite is rock solid in the air. It feels much better than the 09. No distorsion or jellyfishing.
2.) Kite flies back up through the window much better, you don’t need to sheet out to get it to fly fast back up.
3.) Kite feels more predictable in the air. This might be due to the fact the kite felt a bit slower than the 09’s to me, but it felt right even with the kite a bit slower.
4.) Great float/hangtime on the kites. I threw a big boosted back roll first tack and i had finished my rotation and I was still going up, kite floated me down after some serious time in the air. Potential downside, you loose more distance downwind with and extra few second of air time wink
5.) Bar is just the tits.

Some photos: http://www.masskite.com/2010 Ocean Rodeo Rise 9m/

Signature

Shane
http://www.MASSkiting.com
Boston Area Kite Community
Ocean Rodeo Crew

Total Posts: 511

Joined 2006-01-19

PM

First session on the 2010 9 RISE ... WOW !!! Subtle improvements make this the Hybrid I’ve been dreaming of for five years ... Smooth ‘C’ like transitions with bridled de-power = a rangy predictable ride ... Nice session even if it was 7’C (wind chill ~2’C) Love those pogies ...

Signature

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…