Custom surf for a large rider
Posted: 08 October 2009 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-04-16

How’s the strength of these OR Custom surfboards.  At 245lbs I don’t want to spend a lot of money on something that will break in a month.  I want to be able to ride it hard and do some jumps.  Is this board for me or should I look at liquid force rawson, or JL?

Posted: 22 October 2009 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2007-09-26

The custom surf is a great board and a really nice shape for the waves.  At your weight I wouldn’t jump it though.  If you want to ride a surfboard hard get an EPS (epoxy) board.  Poly boards have great feel, but don’t hold up to hard landings as well.  For big jumps and “directional freestyle”, which is a lot of my riding style I ride a small EPS board from another company that shall not be named.  Look for a sandwich wrap with some wood under the decking.

If you’re mainly riding waves and not jumping much, go with the OR custom.

Image Attachments
phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

Posted: 19 November 2009 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2007-01-24

Any other experiences with the Custom Surf? I am interested in getting one too but am slightly concerned about heel dents and the large amount of rocks where I ride. I weigh quite a bit less than kiter86 (150 lbs).

Posted: 19 November 2009 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-02-14

The standard shape might be too much board for you at 150lbs but i think the board could be ordered a bit smaller(thinner)