where to hook in

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

Hey where best plac to hook in on 08 bar when goin unhooked.Usual place will make it awkward to set up if/when I let go of the bar.Thinkin of the chicken loop but if quick release faied the kite is gone.Has to be safe.by the way only 2nd time goin unhooked.

Sean

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

No one using or rides unhooked ?come on !!!!!!!
Need to do some unhooked tricks quick quick quick!!!

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

Sean are you saying you want to go with the leash ” suicide”? (as in attached to the chicken loop, and no stopper override); Rise or Diablo?

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Hi Sean,
Tried to reply at work.. well.. work..

Is this what you mean?  http://oceanrodeo.com/forums/viewthread/2025/

Regards,
Arjan

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

Its the rise,.

Janus ,I’d like to be able to get the kite back in the air easy enough when it falls.Was goin to attatch to that ring but if the quick release abov the chicken loop failed the kite would be gone.

Thanks Boyz

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Hi,
I’ve put some pics in the linked thread.
Is this what you mean?
Arjan

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

all is sorted ,,,was talkin to my instructor yesterday.Goin to just hook in in the normal place since its safest.
Its hard to explain what i meant: but i was lookin for somewhere to do the the same thing as if i had hooked into the chicke loop .i.e. let out the bar fully and not pull in any of the trim line when I let the bar go. but also that would still hold the kite if the quick release failed.

Cheers

P.s. 08 bar is completely different to the one in the picture.

Total Posts: 349

Joined 2007-01-03

PM

if your using the OR bar then theres a metal ring on the chicken loop exactly for that use. clip on that. i ride with it on that the whole time and when you let go the kite will fly slowly down to the water and you can usually catch it before it hits. doesnt pull you that much either.

Signature

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Joined 2009-01-07

PM

Ill give it a go Harry.Your using 08 bar ya?How much to power should you pull in before going unhooked or does that depend on your weight!?

Total Posts: 349

Joined 2007-01-03

PM

depends on weight and wind strength. best way to judge is pull a load of trim in, then slowly let it out to the point where its just about to stall (but isnt!). thats your magic point wink

Signature

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll