Mako Woodie

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2011-05-17

PM

Beautiful stuff!!!!

Ingrommet, maybe I missed it, but did you say what the rails of this board are laminated up from? What material are the fin ‘hardpoints’?

You guys are KEELLING ME with these gorgeous decks! DAVE

Signature

“been there, done that”.......now I kite

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

BIG AK… the rails are hallow and built up with 1/8” cork strips then shaped. There is also cork between the decks at the fin ‘hardpoints’ and the holes for the fins are drilled oversize then filled with epoxy and re-drilled at the proper diameter.

These hallow boards we’re building are glassed inside and out using 4oz s-glass making them stronger than conventional surf/kiteboards. Haven’t sold one yet… too busy making boards for ourselves or friends while experimenting and refining the build process. They actually go together rather quickly believe it or not. Check out the website… MahaloBoards.com

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2011-05-17

PM

Thanks, Ingrommet. A friend in Hawaii built me a balsa-skinned hi-perf. longboard and I’ve always had a love for the look of wood….even “falsa”, remember that effect?

Anyway, you guys have some NICE and desirable sticks. DAVE

Signature

“been there, done that”.......now I kite

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-06-03

PM

Wow. How beautiful it is. The wood look very good for riding in sea track,

investments

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2008-10-21

PM

Can’t believe I’m just noticing this thread now. Incredible art guys!

Signature

Rise 7,10,14m | Mako Wide | Nobile T555

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Another Hollow Mako Woodie!

A work in progress right now but should be done next month and put up for auction on Ebay. I will keep you all posted and let you know once the auction starts!

~ Mahalo!

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2006-01-17

PM

Work of Art!!

Signature

St. John’s Newfoundland

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2011-08-25

PM

he john, looks real nice what you made!!

go on like this!!!

Greets Peter