2010 Predator Drysuit!!!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-04-27

PM

Are they shipping and when will xxl be available?

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2005-12-27

PM

yes, first batch of suits are in. We’ll be shipping all week!

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2009-07-18

PM

Yippy!

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-04-27

PM

Are all sizes available to ship?

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2009-07-18

PM

What are the inside calf velcro straps for?  For the life of me I can’t figure out what they do.  They are on the outside of the outer layer on the messial surface of the mid calf.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2006-01-17

PM

Found a great method of closing the back zipper.  Simply donned both layers then entered the water to squeeze remaining air out.  It was then easy to pull down the back zipper as, without this, I found I needed help.  I like being independent and this suit certainly does it.

Brad

Signature

St. John’s Newfoundland

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-09-26

PM

Hi,

Is this drysuit available in the UK? My local shop stocks OR kites and drysuits but not this one.  Will he be able to order one in for me if I want one?

This seems a great idea as I have kitesurfed in other drysuits including OR ones and the main problem is the resistance when body dragging; something this suit does not seem to suffer from!

Hope to hear back soon (with good news?!)

Chris

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

OMG!!!
Tried on one of these suits for the very 1st time tonite…this new inner core material is so soft and light!
Its very easy to slip on with that zipper geometry, and a zippered inner pocket is a great plus.
The outer layer is a lot tougher material than I was expecting from .5mm, its very strong and lightweight too.
Having the suspenders incorprated into the outer layer feels more natural, the fit is amazing!
Can’t wait to try it on the water…come on winter, bring it on!

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

Last sunday I tried the pred on the water for half a day in mild conditions (mid-50’s f) on Lake Washington in Seattle.
I was concerned that I might overheat going in to it, the lake was still warmer than the air temperature.
I slipped on the inner dry core only and set up my kite and flying lines.
Felt kind of rapper as it was very baggy, but it kept me cool while I pumped up a big kite.

I slipped into the outerlayer and harness’d up to launch.
Some dude asked me about then,“Did you just change out of a drysuit and into a wetsuit?”
I had one other guy come up to me between sessions and ask if I was wearing a drysuit, and how thick was it too.
Be ready for questions like this if you get a Predator, its not like anything else out there right now.

I had some sweet sessions during these little micro system pushes that would squeeze through the lake,
I did not notice the suit at all, no sweating or chill, and felt zero constrictions on mobility.
This built in hoodie is super sweet too you guys, this suit is the whole pkg this time!
And OMG!!! The new fabric for the dry core is amazing!
How did you guys do this!!!?
Not only was I dry inside afterwards, but most of the outside surface of the inner core seemed dry too,
and it was sitting right underneath a wet layer of .5mm neoprene!
The predator is like a machine, a machine made out of textiles.

I am really impressed with the Predators design ergonomics, the performance of its parts, and the functionality of the whole suit.
This is a truly great system for kiting and water play! cool smile

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

craig myers - 12 November 2010 12:49 PM

The predator is like a machine, a machine made out of textiles.

Stoked you like the new suit Craig! We are getting more and more interest in the Predator / Surf Dry line of suits!

You’re right too, you can use them for a lot more than just Surfing, all water sports suit this suit, including of course Kiteboarding!

JZ

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc