One Kite

Total Posts: 86

Joined 1969-12-31

PM

Where’s the One kite?  No reviews, no vids, etc.  Is there a problem?  When will we see and hear more on the One Kite?

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Re: One Kite

[quote author=“Anonymous”]Where’s the One kite?  No reviews, no vids, etc.  Is there a problem?  When will we see and hear more on the One Kite?

Very soon -the new website should go live later this week, and there will be live video of the One in action. The first Ones are shipping to dealers this week. :D

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 1247

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

[quote author=“EvanStolze”]
Very soon -the new website should go live later this week, and there will be live video of the One in action. The first Ones are shipping to dealers this week. :D

Werd to that! I am actually justifying the tax write off that I have used to buy my new mac powerbook and working on editing the One video now…call me the Martin Scorsese of the sales world! Truth be told we are keeping the footage pretty raw so you can see the kite in action but that still means chopping off the out of focus stuff etc.

The new site will be up shortly, we have been waiting on 2 things to move forward: Video of the One and a proper clear out section where people can buy clear out gear from us. Both have been largely resolved this week so the site should go up soon!

Signature

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Total Posts: 94

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

There will be some landboard video available once my One arrives too.

I am really looking forward to it :D :D

Signature

16m one, session harness and a pyro pro equipped….. 9 on the way soon!
LOVELY!

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Oh yeah…. forgot…. LINK the Vid now John!!! :D

http://www.kite-fantastic.co.uk/community/gallery/albums/kite-landboarding/brsnosoundpda.wmv

Myboy…. mainly .... plus some friends!

Signature

LOVELY!

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2006-01-17

PM

Well, unfortunately there wasn’t enough wind for my big ass (6’4, 215lbs)to ride a 12m ONE, but I got some footage none the less.

As far as a review goes, I’m an OR dealer, and haven’t ridden any other “bow / SLE” kites yet, so let’s just call this my “impression”.

The wind was a frustrating 12 to 15 knots, fairly steady, but not even enough to keep me up wind on my 17m SS Fuel.  But as the guys at OR put a bar together by hand for me to take on this trip, I had to get a ride, upwind or not.  I am an intermediate level rider.

I am really impressed with the simplicity of the OR bar, nothing complicated or confusing here, just nice and clean.

The kite itself was put together with usual OR quality, especially nice were the recessed scuff guards.  I was impressed with the ease of launch, due to the depower capabilities inherent in this design.  Also the lack of bar pressure, which I’ve read is an issue on some of the bow / SLE kites.
Turning was sweet, can’t describe it any other way, smooth, quick, powerfull.  The Punch Out design on this bar is my favourite, seems very functional, easy to reset after use and once again… simple.
I will stress that this was my first time flying the kite, and it does take some getting used to. 

I’ll try to put together a better review this week sometime, but for now just watch the video….

Cheers,
Jeff

Signature

Jeff Doepker
www.kitesource.ca

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

ohhhhhh…... I am looking forward to mine arriving now!

Signature

LOVELY!

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

what is the aspect ratio on the One.  It looks to be higher than the other Bow/SLE kites.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2006-02-10

PM

landboard video

awesome clip adamski!  thanks for the intro to landboarding, now I’ve got to try it. :shock:

got any links for landboard gear?

Signature

~laner

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2008-09-04

PM

My LKS, Powerline Sports has the One!  Unfortunately it was blowing 30+ gusting to 50, so I thought putting up the 12m wouldn’t be such a hot idea.

We played with the bar in the shop though and I have to say that thing is cool.  You guys deserve bigs ups for this design. We must have messed with it for 20 minutes.

Can’t wait to see it in action!

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

Re: landboard video

[quote author=“jeff.lane”]awesome clip adamski!  thanks for the intro to landboarding, now I’ve got to try it. :shock:

got any links for landboard gear?

Here are some landboarding links…

http://www.flexifoilforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

http://kiteatb.co.uk/

As for kit….. Ground Industries and MBS do fanrtasic boards…. DON’T forget the padding though, when it goes wrong it can REALLY hurt!!

Get your local Kite shop to sort you some demo gear out…. it’s great in it’s own right and when the wind is too light for watery based fun it’s often just right for a big kite and a landboard :D

I will be using my ONE kites for it this year so expect vids soon!!

Sadly my 14 yeae old son is LOADS better than me…... :x

Signature

LOVELY!

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

This was a low wind day with an OR Bronco 14m

http://www.kite-fantastic.co.uk/community/gallery/albums/kite-landboarding/cleevsmall.wmv

This is why padding is good :D

Signature

LOVELY!

Joined 2006-01-20

PM

http://www.kite-fantastic.co.uk/community/gallery/albums/kite-landboarding/clee2.wmv

Second go in sligthly more wind.

Signature

LOVELY!

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

[quote author=“Anonymous”]Where’s the One kite?  No reviews, no vids, etc.  Is there a problem?  When will we see and hear more on the One Kite?

This just appeared:

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2325312

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales