2 of 13
2010 Ocean Rodeo Rise Venturi XPD!!!
Posted: 11 July 2009 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  520
Joined  2008-04-13

Thanks Crew for the thumbs up, we worked hard on it! On the bar, over engineered - dunno but we’re basically coming from flying around with broom sticks so quite some space for practical/ergonomical/functional innovation.
The core of the CL design is still the 09 central hub by Ross, with a pretty long wish list incorporated.
The trim loop will - unlike being told in earlier reports - NOT be made from Durum wheat but yes, rope, quite similar to what’s on now. The bar adjusts by means of a renewed clamcleat (easier release) located in the “leg” of the CL hub where the fixed end of the chicken loop attaches.
Note that in the real world the trim loop line is way longer, for the sake of screen real estate we chose a shortened preview.
The bar will be compatible with all OR SLE kites (for as far as i know, but 07/08/09 for sure), and probably every other 4 liner out there (since there’s no end to the depower stroke).

Posted: 12 July 2009 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2009-04-20

what safety is being employed on the new kites???

Posted: 13 July 2009 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2008-02-15

Other OR SLE’s Please continue…....

Posted: 13 July 2009 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2008-10-21

SEXY. That is all.

Signature 

Rise 7,10,14m | Mako Wide | Nobile T555

Posted: 13 July 2009 07:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2006-10-24
El Rudo - 11 July 2009 09:21 PM

Thanks Crew for the thumbs up, we worked hard on it! On the bar, over engineered - dunno but we’re basically coming from flying around with broom sticks so quite some space for practical/ergonomical/functional innovation.
The core of the CL design is still the 09 central hub by Ross, with a pretty long wish list incorporated.
The trim loop will - unlike being told in earlier reports - NOT be made from Durum wheat but yes, rope, quite similar to what’s on now. The bar adjusts by means of a renewed clamcleat (easier release) located in the “leg” of the CL hub where the fixed end of the chicken loop attaches.
Note that in the real world the trim loop line is way longer, for the sake of screen real estate we chose a shortened preview.
The bar will be compatible with all OR SLE kites (for as far as i know, but 07/08/09 for sure), and probably every other 4 liner out there (since there’s no end to the depower stroke).

It’s all good fella. Just a warning from other brands I’ve seen where there’s so many bells and whistles on the thing that it gets stupid and in some instances doesn’t even work. One reason I love the gear, you can see the development and improvement year on year.

Andy mate hope to catch an evening or two this week. I’ll text you when I sort myself out.

11m and 8m you reckon then.  Had been speaking to Harry. Similar weight now, (the boy’s grown) and his 10m gets him going pretty early to be fair. Agreed the current 10m has similar power to my 12m Diablo which fits quite well. Decisions decisions.

Signature 

The only kiter in the Village

Posted: 13 July 2009 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  520
Joined  2008-04-13

@ noo noo - You’re spot on about over engineering, this is a daily theme in R&D, how to get the most advanced yet acceptable design out. You bet I have stack of crazy sketches laying around here!

here’s a view with some line ends in it:

Posted: 13 July 2009 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2007-01-03

my only concern is that this bar looks like it’s going to be even more expensive than the last one, which was already about 250 pounds over here and therefore on the limit of what people see as acceptable? We seem to get a bit shafted in the UK at the moment. for example a naish SLE bar sells for £350!!! that could have bought you a new kite K/O two years ago!

is this a worldwide thing with gear becoming really expensive or is it just us getting destroyed by the exchange rates?

Signature 

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Posted: 13 July 2009 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2006-10-24

Fair point Harry but I also realise that OR’s focus is also on quality.

Me I hope for a bar that does the job, durable and has a sure fire safety.

Back to the kite. How huch testing has been done guys? As Andy has touched upon we’d be interested to hear comparisons between the low end of the 2009 and new models.

Signature 

The only kiter in the Village

Posted: 13 July 2009 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2006-01-19

New kite looks great ... Early reports are the 130 MAKO is awesome ... The bar looks interesting ...    http://oceanrodeo.com/forums/viewthread/1996/    http://www.bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/sailinglog_rec.php?mode=view&p=7528

Signature 

Big Wave Dave your one stop weather site for S. Van. Island…

Posted: 13 July 2009 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2006-10-13

WOW OR That’s the kicking OR look needed to go with the excellent prducts! Veeeeery sweet! You guys have just taken this to the ‘next level’!

Signature 

http://www.destinationkiteboarding.com

Posted: 14 July 2009 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2006-04-18

Looks sweet!  Those extra sizes are going to put a serious dent in my wallet!

Was checking out my 2009 rise in the air today and I think the 6 strut design is going to be killer.  Hard to improve on the 2009 Rise but leave to OR to make a good thing even better.

Regarding the bar - looking at it I am not sure how it is adjustable to different sizes?  Looks super sweet though.  Hoping it still comes with 850 lb lines.

Will the new Diablo be released at the same time as the Rise - or we looking at a later time frame?

Posted: 14 July 2009 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2009-02-20

Can you tell us how the mechanism for changing the rear line attachement points from inner to outer will work?

Posted: 14 July 2009 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2006-01-11

Harry, with regards to cost, while I have no clue what goes on across the pond (but yes, your pricing is susceptible to currency fluctuations), I can say that in the US the price of the 2010 bar has dropped from $415 USD (2009) to $375 USD for this killer new upgrade. grin

Miltsface,

Switching to the different bar length is extremely simple, and best illustrated by these photos. It doesn’t get any simpler (or brilliant!) than this!

Short:

Long:

Cheers,

Evan

Signature 

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Posted: 14 July 2009 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2007-01-03

wow evan. Trust you guys to massively revamp the bar and make it cost LESS! :D

impressive!

i take everything back. what WILL yo do next..

Signature 

Tech Rep, Southern UK.

8,12 Diablo
10m rise
zen 129x39
LF Mission with Ronix Scouts
custom wakeskate
Strapless 5"ll

Posted: 14 July 2009 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2007-01-05

wow evan. Trust you guys to massively revamp the bar and make it cost LESS! :D

impressive!

i take everything back. what WILL yo do next..

Hey Harry…looks like you got the answer you were looking for but to elaborate your guy’s devalued currency is the real difference in cost. Our pricing which is always done in USD hasn’t changed very much at all in the last couple years. Only enough to reflect our cost increases.

As the pound gets stronger you will notice prices going down.

Cheers.

2 of 13