2010 Ocean Rodeo Rise Venturi XPD!!!

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Hi Tim,
Did you check the line lenghts? (at max power and bar against the CL, (unhooked max power) all lines should be equal.)
Regards,
Arjan

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2010-02-21

PM

No i didn’t checked the lines, it is a brand new bar with new lines.

Are you sure i have to check line lengths in that way ? All of my other kites i had to check was with full powered and the bar against the stopperball.

Total Posts: 295

Joined 2008-04-20

PM

Yes I’m sure.
Take a look here: http://oceanrodeo.com/forums/viewthread/1133/

Always check your gear. When it’s new you have to know if all is setup right, knots, line lenght..  after a few sessions or a long brake (winter..) check again

When you setup like this you only need the depower in extreme winds and when going unhooked is my experience.

Regards,
Arjan

Joined 2010-02-21

PM

What about the line length, how long are my lines with extensions and without? I’ve got the extensions on the bar, just how it came out of the bag.

Suppose it is better to leave it on there with low-end wind conditions ?

What is the best bridle settings for this kite or should i stay with the factory settings ?
I like quick turns (kiteloops) and i don’t want the kite to stall.

http://oceanrodeo.com/images/uploads/kiting/pdf/SLE_kite_manual.pdf on page 14 to see the ‘bridle settings’

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

21+3, I always have it on 24m. Stalling is rider related and there is no setting to make the kite turn quicker on the 2010. I personally like the smooth and exact control of the new model, and I fly with short bar setting (42 for the 7m and 10m, 49 for the 13m although the 42 works good enough.) For quicker and more powerful and controlled turning, sheet out a bit during the turn, and sheet in in the upstroke.

Joined 2010-02-21

PM

Had some great sessions with the 10m, all of my previous sessions were in bad wind conditions and i’m getting used to this kite more and more now cheese

With ease going high and hangtime is very good, kiteloops are good and has extreme pull shock
Looking forward to buy/try the 7m ! Anyone flew this kite size ?

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

yes
its one of the best kites OR has ever made
eats up gusts and rotors like they don’t exist
perfect bar pressure!

Total Posts: 466

Joined 2006-06-15

PM

Most small kite are like squirrels chased by a juggernauts and leave me looking like road kill   I was a great fan of the 7 One to avoid the overly nippy kite syndrome . I tried the 6m from previous years I alway went back to the One. This has now all changed. The 7m One is for sale!! . The 7m XPD is just so easy to fly. You jump and the kite is where you left it . 7m Rise XPD so sweet in high winds Fast predictable and a gust killer.

Total Posts: 516

Joined 2008-04-13

PM

my experience so far: amazing range, smooth, fast, precise. pulls my 220lbs ass up and around w/o problems. A fun machine!

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

I’ve got the 11m and it’s given me a problem.

Do I get an 8m now or wait?

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

?

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Not another noo noo kiting dilemma so sooooon…..

Wait for what Colyn?  rolleyes

It’s simple….You have the 11. So get the 9 and then the 7 raspberry

Or were you thinking that the 8 would be the answer?

I suppose it depends on how many kites you want in your quiver mate?

I loved the 2009 8m when I used it at Nitinat. Never did get one though and now the 7 does me just right - but I’m lighter than you dude!

Have I confused you enough?

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-05-14

PM

Hi,

I have a 2009 8m and 6m. Your bar for that year was lovely.
I was hoping to upgrade to the 2010 but the new bar is just
horrible lump of plastic and not nice when holding with bare
hands. Such a pity…Will wait for your 2011 gear in the hope
you have a more comfortable bar next season…

Disappointed

Kyra

Total Posts: 626

Joined 2006-03-24

PM

What is it about the bar that you really dis-like?
This will really help dial in the next design.

Used my 3.0 SLE bar today with bare hands and had a totally different experience.
The squarish tube is easy to hold with just your finger tips and the shaping is easy to adapt to.
I love both the 09’ and 10’ bars, but the 10’ is a step up in my book.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-05-14

PM

The 2009 bar is soft wetsuit like material, easy to grip and comfortable. I noticed that the cabrinha 2010 bar
has copied the ocean rodeo 2009 bar’s material, so they must have been impressed by your old bar.
I really dont know why it was changed as I have been out in very touch conditions on my 8m 2009 and its
withstood it all, through serious crashes and tangles and kite and bar still perfect! I was hoping to upgrade as
the new rise looks great, but not until the bar feel improves from hard plastic/rubber to a softer feel..or maybe
Im just being girlie about it all…