2010 Ocean Rodeo Rise Venturi XPD!!!

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Hi All,

I’m stoked to offer you the first look at our killer new Rise Venturi with XPD Technology. Continuing with our ongoing goal of making kites more efficient and packing even more power per square meter, here are a couple of key highlights.

1) You’ll note we’ve gone to a 6 strut design, and as such eliminated the center strut. This improves aerodynamics in a critical area of the kite, and reduces weight where you want it least. The end result is a kite with yet more power, greater efficiency, higher stability, and a more rigid canopy less prone to distortion at the top end of its range!

2) XPD Technology. You can see that panels on the LE get exponentially larger when moving from the center of the kite to the tips, and that they mate up perfectly with the 6 strut layout.

Larger panels at the tips increase projected area, reduce drag, and provide direct steering input. The transition to smaller panels at the center better matches the curvature at the trailing edge, and provides better airflow and lift. More power!

We’ve also come out with a fantastic new adjustable size bar, and on top of all this, have actually reduced MSRP on the majority of our 2010 product line. :thumb:

Please contact your preferred retailer to inquire about price, availability and to place your orders.

Cheers,

Evan

Ocean Rodeo
Hyperflex Wetsuits

Performance over Hype

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2009-02-20

PM

The bar looks great.  Pardon me while i go change my pants.

Total Posts: 108

Joined 2007-01-24

PM

Looks sick Evan and the rest of OR…can’t wait to try them!

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2009-03-28

PM

The new bar looks awesome!
Any ETA on the 2010 gear?

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2008-07-12

PM

Ok. This bar looks absolutely the ducks nuts! Looks real quality and beautiful design.
The kite looks promising too. Any info on the sizes?
Without licking balls here, you did a very good job guys! Keep on rockin! smile

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-09-04

PM

beautiful .... the gear Ev not you - although ...eh never mind

Signature

I love to Kiteboard

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Thanks for the post Evan.

The 10m Rise has been my biggest kite over the past 2 seasons. If my thinking is correct the 2010 Rise 10m will have an even better range?

At 65 kilos I’ll add the new 7m (new Rise sizes mentioned in an earlier post)

As for boards: Must try the Mini Mako and the Mako King. That should see me good to go wink

Has the new bar trim line changed?

andy

current quiver 2009 Rise 6m and 10m. 2008 Zen 129x39 not to forget my 2m Rise trainer!

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2009-03-16

PM

I want it.

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

mummy!!

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 446

Joined 2006-10-24

PM

Been pondering a similar issue myself Andy. As we’ve spoke probably Rises for me next but what size??

I have a 16m Caution answer as a low wind animal but what will my “Go to”  and high wind kites be? Looking at a 20mph being the sweet spot for the “go to” and a high wind beastie to fit with it. 10m and 7m perhaps - or 11m and 8m. 75kgs in the buff!!!!!

That bar fellas - Wow you have been busy! looks the nuts!!  But please dont fall into the trap of over engineering.

yes ETA please. Timing could be crucial this year!!

Signature

The only kiter in the Village

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2007-09-22

PM

the new bar and kite look awesome… can’t wait to get the feel of the new gear soon!!! just a few more weeks and John will make it to Holland to rip with the dutchies smile

cheers

Signature

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2008-07-01

PM

If you keep doing this, I will be broke and divorce.  Awesome job done?  When I will be able to have one?

Signature

10m 2011 Razor
12m 2009 Rise
131x40 SkyWalker Pro Comp 2009
Learning this Amazing Sport
Riding since July 2008

Total Posts: 571

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

noo noo - 11 July 2009 09:50 AM

Been pondering a similar issue myself Andy. As we’ve spoke probably Rises for me next but what size??

I have a 16m Caution answer as a low wind animal but what will my “Go to”  and high wind kites be? Looking at a 20mph being the sweet spot for the “go to” and a high wind beastie to fit with it. 10m and 7m perhaps - or 11m and 8m. 75kgs in the buff!!!!!

That bar fellas - Wow you have been busy! looks the nuts!!  But please dont fall into the trap of over engineering.

yes ETA please. Timing could be crucial this year!!

If you’re going to keep the 16m Caution 8 and 11 would work mate. If going with a simple 2 kite quiver (all Ocean Rodeo-what else?) getting improved low end to boot then maybe the 9 and 12? I don’t know…..

Anyway I want to kite next week. Where are you going to be?

Signature

andy

Dorset UK

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2006-01-16

PM

Hell , yeah! Great looking bar and kite!

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2009-03-16

PM

Is the trim line no longer made of rope?And how does the bar adjust?

Total Posts: 79

Joined 2008-10-01

PM

AWESOME BAR!!!  is it going to be compatible with the 2009 kites???
if the 2010 Rise is as good as the 2009 I am in.

ch

Signature

Ocean Rodeo Rep.
St. John’s Newfoundland, Canada