Session 2 Harness

Total Posts: 434

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

mossman - 07 July 2009 05:07 AM

Evan is there anyone that can re/re the webbing on my 08 harness ive seem to have cut into it by to much usage - the harness still looks newish but….. i would hate to have to throw it away because of that.

Brian,

I’m sure you can find a canvas or sail shop somewhere in Vancouver that can stitch a new strap on.

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Hyperflex Wetsuits, US Sales

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2009-07-08

PM

How close to a seat harness is it with the straps? 

I’m just starting out, and need a seat harness, but from what I hear, I’ll want a waist harness in no time. 
Is it “seat” enough for a noobie?

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Johnny, that’s a great question.  The choice of a waist harness vs a seat harness really boils down to personal preference rather than skill level.

There are many people who learn in a waist, and many long time experts who ride in a seat. In general, a waist harness gives you a higher hook position and frees you up, which is commonly preferred for riding surf, but at the same time many of the best freestylers in the world also a prefer a waist harness.  Riders who prefer a seat harness like the extra support and ” locked ” feel, and many people feel that riding with a seat harness is easier on your back.

The upside to all this confusion is that you don’t need to make a choice if you go with the Session. With the straps removed, it’ a very simple, true waste harness. Add the leg straps, and you can then keep the harness positioned as a waist harness (up high) but get the added benefit of the support, or you can lower the harness down over your hips and ride it in the same position as a dedicated seat harness.

Cheers,

Evam

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-09-04

PM

tongue laugh ...

Signature

I love to Kiteboard

Joined 2006-01-11

PM

Brian, just give HQ a call and ask them.

Cheers,

Evan

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, US Sales

Total Posts: 265

Joined 2006-09-04

PM

oops i guess that should have been my first thing ....duh my bad

ps love the suits

on the flip side… i have a session 2 and i really like it, fits well and the bar pad - yeah haw doesn’t flip when you jump

Signature

I love to Kiteboard

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

still waiting for my session 2 here in the Uk :-(

come on OR tell me when I will expect it, my old harness is almost in bits…..

15/07/09…. gosh… I can almost taste the tumbleweed…....... no replies ... boo hoo I am upset now….. :-(

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

nobody home?
its soooooo lonely here…

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2007-01-05

PM

Hey Brassneck…drop me a line at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

The forum is sometimes not the best method for sales related questions. It is made up mostly of riders like yourself who don’t always have a handle on who does and doesn’t hold stock of our items worlwide.

The dealer finder on our website is also a very useful tool. I can point you in the right direction.

Cheers.

Joined 2009-07-07

PM

kevin,
thanks for the reply, have dropped you a mail.
cheers
rob.

Total Posts: 65

Joined 2007-09-14

PM

Just got mine this week, feels good

tho i did change the spreaderbar on spot, just prefer a quick release on that

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2008-10-02

PM

Once again, kudos for the improvements with the Session 2. I’ve got enough time on it now to have it well broken in and it’s just as supportive and comfortable as the first day I used it.

Signature

Aloha! Jeff Rockett, , All over the world!

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2007-09-15

PM

My local OR rep had a couple of these with him last night. OMG they are awesome. If only I had the cash and could justify replacing my current harness. The build quality is fantastic plus the new mods they have made over the old harness make it well worth the cash. I will be getting one once I’ve raided someone elses piggy bank or something.

My ONLY criticism is the waist strap length, as there’s no quick releaseI’d like to see a longer strap on at least one side to allow you to more easily leave one side at your normal in use position and use the longer side to loosen off and climb in/out of. It is possible, but I think with a longer strap it would just allow you a bit more movement to do up the elastic without the pad getting in the way. That is minor though and just comes from complete laziness in not wanting to undo the whole thing all the time.

Signature

Ocean Rodeo, better than a warm soapy tit wank.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2010-08-16

PM

Been using my Session 2 for a few weeks now and pretty happy with it, as long as I can keep my nuts away from the legstraps. shut eye  Couple questions:

1) Do the shorts that go with it actually exist?  On the OR site it just says “coming soon”... but I swear I’ve heard people talk of using them.

2) Has anybody ever had the handlepass release come undone when they didn’t want it to?  (I feel like I read this somewhere, but now I can’t find it).  Just looking at the design I’m not super satisfied with it.  Would hate to lose my kite while riding unhooked.  Moreover, I don’t need that release since my leash has its own… so I disabled it by connecting the loops (the ones the metal pin goes through) with a stainless quick link.  If the pin was a little longer, I’d feel better about it the way it was.

3) Does anybody use it in seat mode shirtless?  I have to wear a thick wetsuit where I ride, but I tried it on shirtless, and while the inside of the harness is very smooth/comfy, the legstraps, where they come through the holes (at top inside of harness), are very rough, even sharp around the edges of the webbing, and I am pretty sure they’d leave me bleeding after 5 minutes.  They could really use some kind of cover… either that, or come out the bottom of the harness rather than the top (though that would limit your options for vertical placement of the harness between “seat/waist” heights, I think).

Signature

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2008-10-02

PM

I’ve been using the Session and now the Session 2 harness for a long time and I’ve never had the leash handle pass release ever come loose. As for the neoprene shorts, I know OR used to make them, not sure if they still do. I think Kitty Hawk Kites http://www.kittyhawk.com still has the neoprene shorts in stock. Never tried the harness shirtless with the leg straps, so no help there.

Aloha,
Jeff

Signature

Aloha! Jeff Rockett, , All over the world!