Go-Joe Backlog
Posted: 29 June 2009 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-06-29

I ordered a Go-Joe over a month ago, and was told it’s on backorder. When can I expect to get it? I almost lost my board just before I ordered a Go-Joe, and don’t want to risk losing it again. I wrote my phone number on the board, and after the board made a 35 mile trip on its own I got a call from a very nice guy who found it on the beach. I don’t want to count on that happening again.

Don

Posted: 29 June 2009 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2009-02-14
dmonn - 29 June 2009 12:18 AM

I ordered a Go-Joe over a month ago, and was told it’s on backorder. When can I expect to get it? I almost lost my board just before I ordered a Go-Joe, and don’t want to risk losing it again. I wrote my phone number on the board, and after the board made a 35 mile trip on its own I got a call from a very nice guy who found it on the beach. I don’t want to count on that happening again.

Don

Have you checked with the people at Windance.com?  I got 2 of them from there a couple of months ago.

Posted: 29 June 2009 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2008-09-25

While you’re waiting, practice to improve upwind body/board dragging skills. You’ll be glad you did! GoJoe to make your life easier still.

Signature 

Have fun out there!

Posted: 29 June 2009 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1246
Joined  2006-01-10

We’ve been out of Go Joes for AGES. I am sorry that you’ve had to wait so long.

A quick explanation doesn’t help much but it’s the truth, we did an inventory count and our shipper double counted a couple boxes of Go Joes, which lead to us selling out before we had expected.

The wait is finally over though, with the shipment of Go Joes arriving here tomorrow. Your store should have your back ordered Go Joe in by the end of the week, or early the week after.

JZ

Signature 

John A. Zimmerman
Sales & Marketing Manager
Ocean Rodeo Sports Inc

Posted: 29 June 2009 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2007-05-22

That Go-Joe works so well that I find myself body dragging downwind to catch the board sometimes.  Even though I have no problem dragging upwind, just being able to spot the board in ocean swell is key.  Love the Go Joe.

Posted: 30 June 2009 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-29

I need a GoJoe not for help in getting to my board (or getting my board to me), but for spotting it when it’s a long way off—especially with a low sun angle. My board now likes to sit upside-down, and the bottom is a nice algae-green color, with gray fins. It’s almost invisible when it’s more than 20 feet away. Glad I’ll be getting it soon. Thanks for the info.

Don

Posted: 30 June 2009 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2007-05-22

I think board manufacturers intentionally make boards in blue and green for that very reason.  Helps boost sales.

Posted: 30 June 2009 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2009-02-14
mattyjs4 - 30 June 2009 01:19 AM

I think board manufacturers intentionally make boards in blue and green for that very reason.  Helps boost sales.

Hehehe.  good one.

Allen

Posted: 01 July 2009 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-10-05
Johnz - 29 June 2009 06:24 PM

We’ve been out of Go Joes for AGES. I am sorry that you’ve had to wait so long.

A quick explanation doesn’t help much but it’s the truth, we did an inventory count and our shipper double counted a couple boxes of Go Joes, which lead to us selling out before we had expected.

The wait is finally over though, with the shipment of Go Joes arriving here tomorrow. Your store should have your back ordered Go Joe in by the end of the week, or early the week after.

JZ

I do hope so….
hmmm
Frank wink

Posted: 12 July 2009 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-29

My store (Live2Kite) still says the GoJoe is on backorder. Should they have received their shipment by now? What’s up?

Thanks.

Don

‹‹ Altitude!      Who’s winning this? ››