Repairing Puncture Leading Edge Bladder
Posted: 18 June 2009 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2006-10-06

Any useful tips out there for making a repair to a leading edge bladder. I suspect I have a microscopic hole in the same following a brush with a thorn bush. Not exactly sure which side it’s on. Kite is an ‘09 Rise 10m so ‘One pump’ makes things more difficult here as the hoses to the struts will need to be removed. Do you recommend removing one side at a time, pumping up and hoping that you make the correct choice first time?

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Signature 

andy

Dorset UK

Posted: 18 June 2009 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  520
Joined  2008-04-13

Hi Andy, with the one pump it’s really easy to find the hole, by pumping the kite, closing all squeeze clips inside the neoprene sleeves, to isolate each bladder.
Wait till the leak one goes lame. Pump it back up and search for the hole by applying soapy water to it (I find it easier to that with the bladder still in the kite, as the water will stay in the fabric nicely. Once you located the hole, take the bladder out and trace it back.
If it’s the LE bladder, you’ll need to take it out as pointed out in the manual. Now you know where the leak is, it’s not needed to take the whole thing out. Not so much work and with a cold beer handy not so bad…
The manual can be downloaded form this website.

Posted: 18 June 2009 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Guru
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2006-10-06

Dad sometimes gets away with leaving his toys in the living room too!

Batman confirms that its definately the leading edge bladder.

Signature 

andy

Dorset UK